An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: when turn on the printer there is no display in the...
Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off.
I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with
the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the
printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
common problem. might need tho be calibrated. turn off front power switch and then the rear main power switch. turn on the front switch, hold down energy save button and copy button, turn on rear switch and continue to hold energy and copy buttons until the screen displays an X in the top left of the display. immediately release the buttons and touch the X with a pen/pencil/pointed object. the X will move to the center and them to the bottom right of display. touch the X as it moves position. the copier will reboot and the display may work. if not, replace the touch screen. part #n2baayy00771.
Almost all modern printers have the ability to print out a configuration page -- a pre-formatted page with all sorts of information about the printer and its status. The items found on a config page will vary from printer to printer, but typically they include the network address and other network settings, a list of optional features that have been installed, the printer's page count (number of pages printed), and possibly the current ink levels. For color printers, the page count is typically broken up into black and white (or monochrome) and color.
To print a config page on an HP LaserJet 4250n, follow these steps:
A. If the printer is not already powered on and warmed up, turn it on now. Then hit the Menu button (the gray button to the left of the display screen.)
B. Using the down arrow button, scroll down once to Information and hit the Select button (the green button with the check mark on it).
C. Hit the down arrow button again to scroll down to Print Configuration and hit the Select button again.
The config page -- which might actually be two pages if you have a JetDirect print server -- will print out immediately if the machine was at the Ready screen when you started, or it will print out as soon as the printer warms up if you just turned it on. The display screen will automatically return to Ready.
If the printer is currently in an alert state -- because of a paper jam, empty ink cartridge, lack of paper, or other problem -- it won't be able to print the configuration page. Remedy the problem shown on the display screen and try again.
Try an nvram Try doing a hard or reset or nvram: 1. Turn the printer off 2. Hold down the right arrow and the cancel button 3. Reboot the printer while holding the buttons and hold until permanent storage is displayed. Let go of the buttons and wait for the ready message on the display.
if this does not work contact hp, if within 2 years from the purchase date ask for a case number to have the printer serviced under a service note.
error 1203 means either or both cartridges have short circuited and needs replacement..
You will need to perform the following steps to find out which cartridge is defective:
1. With the printer turned ON, open the front cover and remove both cartridges from the printer. 2. Power the printer OFF and unplug the power cable for 30 seconds. Plug the power cable back in and turn ON the printer. 3. If the error message is now cleared from the printer, please perform the "Self-Test" by following the steps below:
1. Make sure the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
2. Press the “Menu” button once.
3. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Copies”.
4. Press the left arrow button once. The screen will display “Copy Menu: Tools”.
5. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Tools: Maintenance”.
6. Press the check button once. The screen with read “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
7. Press the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
8. Press the check button once. This will start the Self-Test. Once the page has printed, the printer will stop. The test is not continuous.
If the printer has detected a "Cartridge Missing" error, then please follow the steps given below:
1. Turn the power OFF. 2. Open the front cover. 3. Turn the power back ON. The print cartridge carrier should move to the install position located in the middle of the printer. If it does not, close and reopen the cover: 4. Reseat both cartridges in the printer and check for the error. 5. If the error still displays, then remove the color print cartridge. 6. Close the cover. 7. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the color cartridge has short-circuited. 8. However, if you continue to get an error, repeat steps 1-3, and then go to step 9. 9. Remove the black print cartridge and reinsert the color cartridge. 10. If there is no error indicated by flashing lights, the black cartridge has short-circuited. 11. If you continue to receive an error in both cartridge scenarios, both print cartridges have short-circuited.
The display came back on and continues to print ok, but will not copy. Continues to say warming up when you try to copy. I read somewhere that we might have to change some board. We did not wany to put any money into it if we didnt know we could even get it working so we bought a new all in one by Brother. I own 3 HP laptops and the HP printers and have had many problems and their customer service is poor. Thank you for your help and your great site.
Press the [Log In / Out] button on the left side of the Control Panel. The System Administrator Login screen will be displayed.
Enter the System Administrator Login ID using the numeric keypad on the Control Panel, and then select the [Confirm] button on the Touch Screen. The System Administrator Menu screen will be displayed.
NOTE: The System Administrator Login ID and UserID is '11111' by default. If an error is made, press the [Clear (C)] button and re-enter the ID. To cancel the operation, select [Cancel]. If the administrator has a problem with changing or has forgotten the ID, a service call must be placed.
Select the [System Settings] button twice. The System Settings screen will be displayed.
Select the [Common Settings] button. The Common Settings screen will be displayed.
Select the [Audio Tones] button.
Select the required option from the list, and then select the [Change Settings] button.
Select the [Save] button to save the settings.
Select the [Close] button several times, and then select the [Exit] button to exit.