Question about Samsung HLP4663W 46" Rear Projection HDTV
I believe i have replaced fan 2, but check fan 2 message still flashes on screen. is there a reset procedure or is there still a problem.
You still a problem. If you have visually verified that the fans are functioning with the unit on and the error message still comes up then it has to be a problem in the fan detection circuit, located on the actuator board. There is an ASC (Authorized Service Center) bulletin on this issue, #ASC20041116003 along with many other bulletins in the service manual. If you need the service manual email me privately and I'll send it you you. (firstname.lastname@example.org) The two fans you have in that unit are for the (1)DMD board and (2)Lamp. If you were to test anything I'd start by ESR testing the caps in the detection circuit. C525 and C565 would be my first guess, both are 100uf/25v. If you would rather skip the testing and just replace the board I believe the Samsung part number BP94-02149K and they cost around $60.00 plus shipping, but be VERY VERY VERY careful replacing this board for it is highly static sensitive. My best recommendation would be to have a service center come out and replace it... If the tech blows it, putting it in you're out nothing... Good Luck! Bill
Posted on Jun 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2014 | Panasonic PT-52LCX65 44" HDTV
1. Turn the power off, wait until the power indicator turns off blinking red, then unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and confirm that the area around the lamp unit has cool down.
2. Remove the front cover procedure. Place your finger tips under the cover and pull it from the projection display.
3. Before loosening the lamp cover screw, first read the caution and warning labels in the lamp cover. Then loosen the lamp cover screw by using a screwdriver.
4. Loosen the lamp unit screw with a screwdriver. Then grasp the lamp unit, Figure 2, by the lamp unit handle and slowly remove it from the projection display.
5. Insert the new unit being careful being careful of the insertion direction. Press in the arrow mark making sure insertion is done correctly.
6. Replace the lamp unit and cover screw. Tighten the unit cover screw with a screw driver.
a. Properly dispose of the old lamp. Please see the operating instruction of the projection display unit.
b. NOTE: attached the lamp unit and lamp unit housing door securely. If the lamp unit and the lamp unit housing are not attached securely, the protective circuit will be activated and the lamp will not turn on.
7. Replace the front cover.
The second step, after lamp replacement is to follow the three steps procedure described below:
Warning: Perform lamp time reset only when the lamp has been replaced.
In order to complete the lamp time reset procedures:
1. Be sure the power cord is plugged into a properly grounded wall outlet. Then, press the POWER button the projection display or the remote control to turn the unit on.
2. While pressing the VOL - button, hold down the PIP or the SPLIT button on the remote control at the same time for more the 5 seconds.
3. When the reset procedure is complete, the projection display screen will show the following message "Lamp time was reset to 0."
1. The writing in the screen may be different from the actual screen described above.
2. When lamp time reset is finished, the lamp indicator goes out.
Feb 23, 2011 | Panasonic PT-50LCZ70 50" HDTV
Jul 24, 2010 | Samsung 61" Slim-Depth DLP HDTV
Nov 21, 2009 | Samsung HL-P5063W 50" Rear Projection HDTV
Oct 15, 2009 | Samsung Projection Televisions
Sep 30, 2009 | Samsung Projection Televisions
Dec 05, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55XS955 55" Rear...
Jul 26, 2008 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!