Re: my lg chocolate phone turn on and lit white screen...
The white screen is most often caused by a defective "flex cable" (Connects the keypad section to the display section). When this happened to my girlfriends VX 8500 I found a new cable on eBay for $10 (came with screwdriver and opening tool) and replaced the cable and the issue was resolved. Hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The battery is probably dead. Every battery has something known as recharge-cycle limit(number of times it can charge and discharge). Replacing the battery will most likely resolve this issue as the screen turning on when connected to an external power supply indicates that there is nothing wrong with the charging port.
If your screen changes to white or blank, also if the device turns itself off, the problem is probably the flex cable, You can get one from EBay for a few dollars and instructions on how to replace it are here, http://diymobilerepair.co.uk/LGChocolate.html Good Luck
Yes, I can offer my advice, I have experienced this same issue numerous times with my chocolate, and every time I had to take it back to where you got the phone from and they replaced it under warranty, as long as the phone didn't get wet.
LG had a problem with their first screen manufacturers in which caused LG to recreate a whole new batch of LG 8500's The white screen was common for a short while.
As im assuming you all have verizon wireless, Take your phone into the nearest corporate store and have a tech look at it .. If your under warranty and there's no physical or liquid damage to the phone, you can have it replaced for free. If none of that is true then it's gonna either be 50.00 plus tax where applicable or buying a new phone.
But still, take it in .. have them look at it .. just looking at it costs nothing.