Question about Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder
Old batteries made it display Chinese instead of English. I printed off instructions online but that does not work. Can you help me?
To reset the settings back to English:
1. Set the DM-20 to Voice mode using the blue switch on the back voice recorder.
2. Remove the DM-20 from Hold using the gray switch on the back of the voice recorder.
3. Press and hold the DISPLAY/MENU button on the front of the DM-20 for at least 3 seconds. The menu list is displayed.
4. Click the REWIND button six times to highlight the Format menu item.
5. Click the PLAY button to select the Format menu item. A message will be displayed with Cancel and Start options.
6. Click the REWIND button once to highlight Start.
7. Click the PLAY to select Start. A message stating that the data will be cleared will display briefly. Then a message asking if you are sure will be displayed.
8. Click the REWIND button once to highlight the Start menu item to continue with the format.
9. Click the PLAY select the Start menu item and begin the format. The format progress bar will appear. When it is complete the menu items will be in the English language.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Found below instructions - should work to change from chinese as well.
Your Brother machine's LCD can display information in English or Spanish. The default language is English.
To change the language on your Brother machine's LCD, follow these steps:
Oct 04, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 29, 2012 | GPS
Feb 02, 2011 | Jwin MP3 Player
Mar 30, 2010 | Lexmark T650n Laser Printer
Nov 01, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2009 | Olympus DM-10 Handheld Digital Voice...
Jan 09, 2009 | Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Smartphone
Apr 07, 2007 | Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder
Aug 31, 2006 | Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder
Apr 22, 2014 | Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder
626 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!