Question about Hitachi 60V500 60" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
I replaced the light engine in my Hitachi 60v500a and I now have a 1' black bar that runs across the bottom of the screen. I believe the rastor needs to be adjusted but I cannot open the I2C service menu. The power button on the tv is no longer working. Is there any other way to fix this problem?
Enter the I2C Service Menu, be sure the power is OFF.
1. On the front control panel, press and hold the INPUT button.
2. Then press the POWER button for two seconds.
3. You may keep the INPUT button depressed until you see the OSD with the Service Menu displayed.
4. If you don't see the service menu, please repeat Process making sure you wait until the Power blinking LED stops.
5. Execute the Memory Initialize operation after the adjustment values have been written on a sheet of paper. Highlight “MEMORY INTI”, arrow to the right and hold the button to the right (approx 5 sec.) until a check mark appears in the box. This activates the Memory Initialization.
6. After the Memory initialize operation has finished (10~15 sec, the channel will revert to CH 3.) the pink image symptom should be fixed.
7. Write back the adjustment values from your notes to their respective adjustment parameters in the adjustment mode. (In other words, set the Data Values back to the the Data values written down before the Memory Initialization procedure). NOTE: Make sure the SELECT Button is pressed on remote after every change to the values. Failure to do so will result in the data values not being changed.
8. Exit I2C menu. Press exit repeatedly until you go back to the normal picture.
9. Turn the set off-on and Confirm the picture remains in a good condition.
BE SURE TO COPY DOWN DATA SETTINGS BEFORE INITIALIZING I2C SETTINGS
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2011 | Hitachi 60V500 60" Rear Projection...
Feb 18, 2011 | Hitachi 60V500 60" Rear Projection...
Aug 10, 2010 | Hitachi Projection Televisions
Nov 14, 2009 | Hitachi 60V500 60" Rear Projection...
May 31, 2009 | Hitachi 60V500 60" Rear Projection...
May 19, 2009 | Hitachi 50FX20B 50" Rear Projection...
May 15, 2009 | Hitachi 46F500 46" Rear Projection...
Nov 19, 2007 | Hitachi 60V500 60" Rear Projection...
Dec 17, 2006 | Hitachi 42V715 Rear Projection Television
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: