Question about Washing Machines
Door locked firmly indicator light keeps flashing when start button is pressed
WF340: When START is pressed, the machine doesn't start and the following indicator lights flash: 'Door locked' + 'Mini Load' + 'On/Off'
(Have already tried draining the tubes. All clear)
This advice is for Kenmore Elite and Whirlpool Duet model front loading washers. If you experience a problem where the door becomes jammed and will not unlock or open, here's an easy way to gain access inside your washer WITHOUT calling the repairman.
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will make access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" "DLE" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 13, 2014 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Follow these steps to set the Button Lock function:
1. Switch on the appliance.
2. Set a washing program.
3. Start the washing program.
4. Press Button Lock for approximately 5 seconds, or
until the Button Lock indicator light flashes.
5. Button Lock indicator light flashes for approximately
6. When Button Lock function is active the indicator
light is on with a static light.
At the end of a washing program the Button Lock function
is deactivated by opening and closing the door or
switching off the appliance.
Important! It is not possible to deactivate the Button
Lock function while a washing program is in progress
if you have any further questions message me back Thanks Rick
Jun 11, 2011 | Dishwashers
Feb 23, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Dec 06, 2009 | 2005 Hyundai Accent
May 24, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3 Front Load Washer
Jul 10, 2008 | 1996 Subaru Legacy
Feb 26, 2008 | Hotpoint WMA50 Front Load Washer
478 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!