Dishwasher is "tripping" the breaker & not draining.
In the middle of a wash cycle, the dishwasher quit & there was a "burnt" smell in the air. I checked the circuit panel & saw that it had tripped the breaker. I flipped the breaker back on & tried a "quick wash" to see if it would finish the job, but it tripped again. There is still water in the bottom of the dishwasher that won't drain & the dishes are not clean.
What should I do.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure your circuit breaker in the main breaker box has not tripped, or "poped". It will be one a little out of place and a bit loose if it has tripped. Turn it off and back on to reset. If it tripps immediately, you have a short somewhere, possibly in the dishwasher, so you will need an electrician and or Appliance tec. to find and fix.
Aside from that and based on your post "my bosch shu43co5 made a burning smell and stop working in middle of a wash the breaker seems to be fine"it may just be a loose/burnt connection in the dishwasher junction box. **Now I would start by first shutting off the breaker...safety first**
Then removing the kick plate ( access panel at the bottom )...
...and checking the wiring at the junction box for the dishwasher 120vac supply line.
Remove the murret's and visually inspect the wire for "resistance burn" and strip the wires back and install new fastener's if necessary to repair.
This is actually quite common to find a wire connector come loose due to improper fastening and once the unit is in use for a while the connections heat & cool, become loose from normal operating vibrations and burn up from all the added heat caused by "resistance".
Typically this will manifest in just the manner you've described.
Let me know what you find and I'll try to assist you further if necessary. I'd still suggest looking into the possible recall for your machine though.
Adam, in order to help you, you must provide me with more info. What size breaker is tripping. What does the maufactor's manual reads about what size circuit it must be plugged into. If your house is a little old you probably have a 10 amp breaker that is tripping. If so than the manufaturer states theat it is recomamded to place it onto a 20 amp breaker. Only switch out the 10 map breaker to a 20 amp breaker if your the wire from the breaker is a 12 gauge wire.
Do not put a 20 amp breaker onto a 14 guage wire because it will most likely melt the insulation due to heat whichwill expose the bare copper wire which could lead to burning your house down.
remove the water and, the burnt plastic that probanly melted on the dish drying heater coil close and, lock the door turn the dishwasher back on and, reset the circuit breaker to see if the motor will run or, is damaged
no real reset, nut you can check for power leading to the unit, make sure the bnreaker hasnt tripped , and next if you remove the bottom acees panel you lfind a box to the right . the electrical conne\ction is made behind ther make sure the connection hasnt shaken itself loose.CAUTION LIVE WIRES BEHIND THAT COVER"
I was having the following symptoms: If I hit the drain button, it would stay at 2 minutes and just click on and off. If I hit the rinse button, it would rinse all 9 minutes OK. It would always stick in the middle of a full cycle and just start clicking.
I just fixed it. I shut off the circuit breaker, opened the door up (all torx screws from inside of door) to get the the upper controls. One lead (of two) of a capacitor (square blue component) had actually worked itself out of the control board. I cleaned it up and resoldered it in. All better now - for now.
Andy, leave the breaker off and remove the toe panel (bottom panel) from the dishwasher. Remove the cover of the junction box where the cord connection or wiring is made. Look at the wire caps and see if they are not burnt. Sometimes these connections become loose and arch, tripping the breaker. If so, cut the wires, strip a new end and reconnect. Catriver...post back.