Question about Washing Machines
WHEN TURNED OFF AT THE WALL AND RESET, THERE IS A GRINDING NOISE FROM THE FRONT PANEL, THEN ALL APPEARS NORMAL BUT THEN ALL LIGHTS FLASH VERY QUICKLY, AND THE MACHINE CANNOT BE TURNED OFF WITHOUT UNPLUGGING OR DOOR OPENED
Replace the door lock mechanism.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 10, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2017 | Washing Machines
Jul 05, 2010 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Dec 26, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Nov 01, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Mar 15, 2009 | Hotpoint WMA31 Front Load Washer
Feb 22, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Dec 16, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!