Question about Epson Stylus Photo RX620 All-In-One InkJet Printer
When i turn the power on the print head and the scanner index and all the green lights on the left hand panel come on then go off leaving just the setup light on with the red exclamation light.The lcd display doesn't come on and the printer doesn't react when i press any of the Right Hand panel.
The model is EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX600.
I experienced the same problem several years ago and tried the suggestion provided below. It worked and it is still working today.
Here are instructions posted by John Phillips on "FixYourOwnComputer.com:"
Steps I took - and it worked beautifully - display problem solved !!
1. Ease off the plastic facia that covers the control buttons - (no screws - it just clips on)
2. Remove the cross head screw that is seen to the bottom left of the display unit.
3. Flip display unit open - remove the cross head screw that holds the dark plastic support clip that is behind the unit and top right ish!!
4. Remove the display unit - unscrew the 4 small cross head screws that hold the display assembly together - NOTE THAT THE CONNECTING RIBBON RUNS THROUGH THE HOLE - I didn't make a note at first, and it took me ages to work out where it went when trying to re-assemble it !!
5. Mark the connecting ribbon so that you know which way up it should be, then carefully pull it away from the black connecting block - Re-assemble merely by pushing it carefully back into place.
6. On the circuit board you will see a large (ish) black Integrated Circuit - using a magnifying glass you will see a tiny soldered fuse marked F1 just to one end of this Integrated Circuit.
7. Using a single strand of clean copper wire ( a single strand taken from a multi strand piece of speaker wire is ideal) carefully solder it across the two terminals
8. Having a soldering tip small enough is vital if you are to attempt this - an ordinary tip is TOO BIG. I used a piece of copper earth wire (obtained from ordinary "Twin and Earth" electricians household mains wiring cable) I then wound it around my soldering tip and filled it down to a fine point.
9. Re-assemble - switch on - and if you have been careful and succeeded in this feat of micro soldering - you should have a realistic chance of having a fully functioning display once again.
Posted on Jun 29, 2015
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: The printer will not scan
have to installed the software that came along with it ? Can you make sure that
1. the lights in the printer glow as they used to..
2. The software that came with it is uninstalled and reinstalled again.
This usually does the trick
Posted on Nov 02, 2007
SOURCE: my troublesome printer
Did you refill this ink cartridge? If the ink is low or out your printer will not print until the cartridge is reset. If you refill it yourself see http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml. This is free software that will allow you to reset the ink levels. Then the red light will go out and poof you can print.
Posted on Apr 11, 2008
SOURCE: epson photo rx600
If the LED display screen on your printer is blank please try disconnecting
the USB cable from the computer and then disconnect the power to your
printer. Reconnect the power to a different power outlet, and turn your
printer back on. If the same issue occurs, your printer will require
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
I expect by now you've solved this problem - but just in case .....
The waste ink "protection" counter has exceeded its limit and needs resetting. You can do this easily by using the SSC utility - download from:
Install it, and double click the ssc printer icon in the bottom right corner (System Tray). Choose Configuration and set your printer type (810), then close the ssc window. Now right click the ssc icon in the sytem tray and choose Protection Counter. You should see that the current count is above the limit; then choose reset to set it to zero. Turn the printer off then back on again. This will stop the lights flashing and restore normal operation.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jan 03, 2011 | 1994 Mitsubishi Montero
Oct 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 16, 2010 | Epson Stylus R290 InkJet Printer
Oct 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart D5160 InkJet Printer
Jul 10, 2009 | Epson Stylus 680 InkJet Color Printer
Jun 11, 2009 | Saeco Odea Go
Apr 10, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Nov 13, 2008 | Epson Stylus C66 Photo InkJet Printer
Nov 11, 2013 | Epson Stylus Photo RX620 All-In-One InkJet...
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: