Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
I had to restore my new labtop to factory setting and now have to reset my pc to the wireless router. i have forgotton my password thing and have lost the setup manual supplied with the Bek]lkin g Router. Can you help me setup my wireless router, please. john
Use a computer that is hard-wired (connected with an ethernet cable) to your Belkin router for this process:
1) Open Internet Explorer (or your favorite browser)
2) In the Address bar (where it says "http://www.fixya . . . " right now), delete the address that's there and type in these numbers: 192.168.2.1
3) Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard. This should open a Belkin router page. If it does NOT open a Belkin router page, follow steps 4 - 8 below. If it DOES open a Belkin router page, skip to step 9.
- - 4) Click "start" and then click "run." (On Vista, click "start")
- - 5) Type "CMD" (without the quotes) into the RUN window. (On Vista, type CMD where it says "start search.") Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- - 6) You should now have a window open with a black background. Type "ping -r 1 www.yahoo.com" (without the quotes) and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
You will get a readout that looks something like this:
Reply from 184.108.40.206: bytes=32 time=294ms TTL=56
The number after the word "Route" is the address of your Belkin router. Write this number down.
- - 7) Close all open windows and open up Internet Explorer (or your favorite browser) again.
- - 8) Type in the address of your router.
9) On most Belkin routers, there is a section in the menu on the left that says "Wireless." Under this section is a link to "Security." Click that link, and you will see the wireless code you need to connect your laptop.
On some routers the "wireless" and "security" menus are in a different location, perhaps at the top of the page instead of on the left.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2011 | Belkin N Wireless Router wireless router
May 02, 2011 | Belkin Wireless Surf Router (F7D2301)
Jun 07, 2010 | Belkin (54G F5D7230UK4) Wireless Router
Mar 25, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Feb 03, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Nov 12, 2009 | Belkin F5D8631-4 Router (F5D8631au4A)
Jan 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: