Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
I had to restore my new labtop to factory setting and now have to reset my pc to the wireless router. i have forgotton my password thing and have lost the setup manual supplied with the Bek]lkin g Router. Can you help me setup my wireless router, please. john
Use a computer that is hard-wired (connected with an ethernet cable) to your Belkin router for this process:
1) Open Internet Explorer (or your favorite browser)
2) In the Address bar (where it says "http://www.fixya . . . " right now), delete the address that's there and type in these numbers: 192.168.2.1
3) Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard. This should open a Belkin router page. If it does NOT open a Belkin router page, follow steps 4 - 8 below. If it DOES open a Belkin router page, skip to step 9.
- - 4) Click "start" and then click "run." (On Vista, click "start")
- - 5) Type "CMD" (without the quotes) into the RUN window. (On Vista, type CMD where it says "start search.") Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- - 6) You should now have a window open with a black background. Type "ping -r 1 www.yahoo.com" (without the quotes) and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
You will get a readout that looks something like this:
Reply from 188.8.131.52: bytes=32 time=294ms TTL=56
The number after the word "Route" is the address of your Belkin router. Write this number down.
- - 7) Close all open windows and open up Internet Explorer (or your favorite browser) again.
- - 8) Type in the address of your router.
9) On most Belkin routers, there is a section in the menu on the left that says "Wireless." Under this section is a link to "Security." Click that link, and you will see the wireless code you need to connect your laptop.
On some routers the "wireless" and "security" menus are in a different location, perhaps at the top of the page instead of on the left.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2011 | Belkin N Wireless Router wireless router
May 02, 2011 | Belkin Wireless Surf Router (F7D2301)
Jun 07, 2010 | Belkin (54G F5D7230UK4) Wireless Router
Mar 25, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Feb 03, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Nov 12, 2009 | Belkin F5D8631-4 Router (F5D8631au4A)
Jan 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: