Question about Onkyo TX-DS989 Receiver
As above, I'm unable to hear anything eventhough it was fine the few minutes prior.
There are several types of surge protectors used in most all consumer electronics, only the very low end as exceptions.
They generally will protect against the occasional pike coming from the AC line and not show any signs of failure. In the case of a lightning induced spike they will fail completely and either force the blowing of a fuse or interrupt the AC path.
None of these things are absolute in their protection but are not expensive to replace. You have to expect though, that they did not fail quickly enough to protect the circuitry downstream from them and that their replacement may not give you a working unit again.
About any competent tech can give you an assessment of the chances for a successful repair. In other words, an expert should examine it and will probably charge something for the estimate since finding all the problems is about 80% of the work involved; the other 20% in the replacement of failed parts.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2015 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 09, 2012 | Onkyo Tx-sr607 7.2-channel A/v Surround...
Nov 17, 2011 | Onkyo TX-DS989 Receiver
Jul 14, 2010 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 18, 2009 | Onkyo HTR500 Receiver
Jan 24, 2009 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 02, 2009 | Onkyo TX-DS484 Receiver
Aug 23, 2008 | Onkyo Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 30, 2007 | Onkyo TX-DS989 Receiver
191 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!