Question about Logitech Quickcam USB Zoom Webcam
I have upgraded my computer from an Windows XP OS to Vista Ultimate. My Logitech QuickCam Zoom (Windows says the model is PID_08B4, 841.1092) no longer works. Is there a solution available?
Just read the most wonder article on how toe fix your quickcam zoom for vista follow these steps
These is from 2007 post so you will have to google for the drivers mentioned. I did and it worked
I have a Logitech Quickcam Zoom and this is how I got it to work:
1. Install QuickCam 32-bit Version: 10.5.0 Build 1096b
It can be found here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=10234
2. When you get to the camera detection part where it asks you to plug in your camera, plug it into a new usb port (if you had it plugged in when you installed Vista) and just press skip.
3. Windows may try and find the driver for it, you can cancel that too.
4. Install the old QuickCam software (Version: 8.4.8 build 1034A)and overwrite anything it asks you to (it will fail to install completely because of the new version, but it will put the files you need into the Logitech program files directory.
The old software is here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1794,contentid=7649
5. Go to the windows orb (former start button), open control panel, go to system, then on the top left of the window click device manager.
6. Find the unknown usb device (hopefully you only have one... otherwise unplug anything else that doesn't work or you haven't updated the driver for yet)
7. Right click and select update driver, choose a location to find the driver, navigate your way to C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCamWebInstall\Drivers\WinNew\PRO2
8. Press OK or whatever, and let it install.
Mine didn't even need to reboot and worked with the 10.5 QuickCapture software. Still need to test with Skype and Live Messenger though.
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2012 | Logitech Webcam
Mar 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 01, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 22, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 20, 2008 | Logitech Quickcam Zoom 5 Pack Webcam
Sep 07, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 Webcam
Apr 21, 2008 | Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX Personal...
Mar 16, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 25, 2007 | Logitech Quickcam Zoom 5 Pack Webcam
Jul 24, 2017 | VIA Computers & Internet
1,253 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: