Linksys WUSB54GC Connected to the Network But No Internet
I've been using the Lynksys WUSB54GC to my Linksys WRT54G2 wireless router for the past few months without any problem. However, recently my PC was 'attacked' by the 'Antivirus 2009' and 'ieMonster.b' malware. I used Malwarebytes' AntiMalware to kill the malware. Ever since then my PC has been having the problem of "connected to the network but internet cannot be found". My other 2 Acer laptops work just fine, so is my main PC. I've tried to "repair" connection, use cmd to renew ip address, reinstall internet drivers but to no avail...Could someone please help?? Linksys support provides no help at all!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I see that you are having issues with your network connection, I believe that you are trying to connect wireless on both systems.
* Check your Linksys for settings that limit the routers wireless connection, most wireless routers have an option on how many computers can connect wireless to the router, a wireless signal does not chose what OS to allow for a wireless connection.
* get in your Linksys Routers Setting page from IE or Firefox using your Default gateway IP from there on you can check your Routers settings, user name depends if your internet service provider changed the Routers user name and password but for a Linksys try admin / password or admin / admin for the User name and Password field.
check the IP address on your computer. There might be a static IP address on the computer. You said that your other computer is online wireless. Open the router set up page and check the wireless settigns of the router.
Click Here to know more about the routers and network
Since u r using a linksys products no need to worry..it will work..
In the right bottom corner of ur computerscreen u can see a green square box(linksys
wireless icon) right click on to the green box and click on "use windows Zero
configuration" after clicking on to that u can see a small computer with wireless waves in the right bottom corner,right click on to it click on connect to a wireless network..u can see ur SSId click to connect it...it will prompt for a network key..enter the key and confirm the key..it will connect for sure..hope it will work..if there is any issue just revert back as soon as possible..
I have only tried this on Windows XP. If you can connect to the web using a hard line you can get this running. Make sure you have internet. Then plug the wireless adapter into the usb port and when windows ask if it can search the internet say yes. That will install a driver for the wusb54gc. Then windows will manage the device. Linksys only has the option to download the installer as opposed to just the driver. What a pain when the installer doesn't work.