Question about Phones

1 Answer

Hi,my samsung d500 fell in water and it wont switch on.i opened it up and cleaned with home dry cleaner but tonoavail.any hope?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Let it sit in some heat for a while to dry it out if it does not work you may be s.o.l because u destroyed your phone internal motherboard

Posted on Jan 08, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

The phone fell into water. Battery removed and


it all depends if the phone has a sim card in it.If it has a sim card try another line in it.If you insert another sim card and the problem continues dry the phine again.if no results after this kindly take it for repairs

Nov 30, 2009 | Nokia Phones

1 Answer

Assistant was cleaning phone and now Line 2 is on hold and we can't release?


When cleaning norstar phones" do not" clean phones with soap and water use a electical contact cleaner. With this problem I think you have one of the keys on the phone stuck down take and run your finger over the keys.If this doesn't work you may have to have the phone taken apart.If there is water in the phone use a hair dryer to dry keys.

Oct 02, 2009 | NorStar T7316E Corded Phone

2 Answers

UNLOCK CODE OF SAMSUNG SGH-D500


Hi,

You can try inputing on your keypad *#7370#.

Please be aware that this also hard resets your phone and ALL DATA will be erased. So please back up anything that you would like saved.

Jul 04, 2009 | Phones

1 Answer

Problems with Panasonic Uniden EXA14248 2.4 Ghz Phone, it fell in a bucket of water. how can I bring it back to life? the base rings but I don't get anything from the remote phone.


You have to disassemble it as far as you can...and then totally dry it out..immeresed in water is almost a death sentence because it will short out...so don't get your hopes up.

Take the battery out right away, dry it off..REAL GOOD...there must be no liquid residue on the battery...might use a hair dryer... set it on a paper towel....hold on to the phone and "sling" it so you can remove as much "standing" water as you can, you don't want any large quantities of water inside...then grab some Q-tips wedge them inside hard to reach areas...collect as much water as possible, sling...swab...sling...swab...watch out for leaving any cotton behind...you will have left over mositure so let it sit at room temp, turning it over every 4 hours or so...for at least 24 hours.

Sounds sorta silly...but I've saved things silimar before that didnt short out right off. Good luck!
When you are sure its dry...totally dry...install the battery and plug it in.


Apr 24, 2009 | Panasonic Uniden EXA14248 2.4 Ghz Phone

1 Answer

My phone fell in the toilt what should i do


DON'T TRY TO TURN IT ON!!!!! Take the back off the sim card out the battery out and leave it all somewhere safe to dry out. by all means give it a good old shake to get rid of excess water but don't try to turn ot back on for at least 24/48 hrs longer if you have the patience, to give it plenty of time to dry out. If you do try to turn it back on before this you may short circuit the phone and make it unusable.

i hope this helps

Oct 25, 2008 | Phones

1 Answer

I need a user manual for a samsung D500


Hi,
The same can be downloaded from here
http://tinyurl.com/yo55u4



Thanks
Proton

Aug 03, 2008 | Samsung Phones

1 Answer

My son threw up on my razor it didn't get very wet. I took out the battery and dried it with a blow dryer it all seems to work except the key pad every time I push a button it trys to go to internet


Hi,

It sounds like you may have dried a chunk or two where the Internet shortcut, (or another) key is. I suggest Home Depot or Lowes Electrical person showing you where the contact cleaner is. get a couple it's great for this stuff , water on expensive electronics. Alternate is CRC or QD contact cleaner usually at car parts places, also a couple cans of compressed air. make sure the contact cleaner is plastic safe .

1) Open and remove everything including rubber cover plugs and anttena, battery, memory card...... EVERTHING.

2) Read Can This Stuff is cold when it sprays and gets onyou but with no fire present and open wires. so outside, absolutely fill and fill all orifices you can see use small plastic tube in usb charge port, all through the body from rear, where battery goes.
when full and more full, (you get the idea by now). Now hold phone and swing arm down after it soaks about 10 secondsflip phone repeat. now use canned air in all accessable spots paying alot of attention to the bad design of the buttons blow under all keys well.

3) I have also used a toothbrush when soaked with good results.


now it is clean and you can pry to have renoed whatever was stuck under the button in question.

4) warm but no oven . set on das incar on a sunny day or a heat lamp for awhile then give it a go.

good luck~!

Phonedude

Jul 10, 2008 | Phones

1 Answer

Open the handset to clean keypad


Hi Sue,

Sometimes there's a screw or 2 inside the battery compartment, other than that they snap together.

Once you get the keypad out, wash it in warm water with a couple drops of dish liquid, rinse and pat dry. The Pc Board the keypad sits on can be cleaned with alchohol and Q-Tip.

Hope that helps.

Geno

Apr 01, 2008 | Panasonic KX-TGA650B Headset Phone

2 Answers

Hard to press


Hi Minus, It might be difficult to say this but there is the possibility that the phone's lower part that was submerged in water might already have a short in the keypad circuitry since being submerged in water of any known electronic product (not only phones) creates a malfunction on the submerged part. But you can try this out, try using a hair dryer to try and dry out any possible left out moisture on the keypad but dont get your hopes up because if this doesnt work, chances are you need to have the phone replaced. Borric

May 09, 2007 | Panasonic GigaRange KX-TG5432 Cordless...

1 Answer

Samsung E700 mobile phone


The main point is to act quickly, not to give the chemicals time to react. Coffee is real bad, and if you just left it there for too long, then you're in trouble. in any case of dropping into liquid follow these steps: Remove the battery immediately; rinse the handset in distilled water. Why? Distilled water isn't ionised and has a high breakdown dielectric; ordinary tap water is ionised and conductive. leave it in your airing cupboard for a week to dry (if there's any sign of damp anywhere on the phone, just put it back in the cupboard for another week). Reattach battery. If it doesn't appear to malfunction (bear in mind the battery may be flat), try putting the phone on the charger. If it appears to charge (and holds the charge), and still works, you've probably got away with it. If a phone is dropped into a soft or sweet drink drink rinse more thoroughly in distilled water before drying. Carbonated, sugared drinks and hot, sweet coffee are the worst. You may be lucky if your phone survives. If the liquid is greasy (e.g. coffee with cream, soup etc.) You can use a mix of iso-propyl alcohol and water. IT types use it to clean computers. The water dissolves all the water soluble sugar etc. and the IPA dissolves the grease. A word of advice for the future: leather phone cases (the ones with leather, not elastic, sides) are your friend. They can protect the phone from splashes and even brief immersion, with only the end connector significantly dampened. Good luck

Mar 25, 2006 | Samsung Phone PDCSLCD12B

Not finding what you are looking for?
Phones Logo

Related Topics:

50 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Phones Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

96372 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4753 Answers

Are you a Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...