I have the same exact problem. The problem here is if you read the Lexmark website carefully, these drivers are only partial drivers, and you can not scan with these drivers installed. The website tells you to use windows fax and cameras for this purpose. The best solution is what I did, return that Lexmark, and buy another brand that is compatible with Vista straight out of the box. The 6100 series of Lexmark is an older series that was made for XP. I hope this is helpful. I know it's frustrating, but it's not our fault that Bill Gates made sure nothing is compatible with Vista, it's not just printers but cameras, camcorders, you name it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi. The problem can be caused by a firewall blocking the communication. Try to configure your firewall to allow all lexmark communications to go through. Also, check if scan software FineReader Sprint is still working fine. Otherwise, you have reinstall the software. Hope this helps.
To scan a document using the Lexmark Imaging Studio on ur Lexmark X3470, follow the steps given below:
1. Go to "Start," "All Programs," Lexmark X3400 series, "Lexmark Imaging Studio." 2. Click on "Scan," "Save edit or share." 3. Under "What are you scanning" choose the option as "photo," "several photo" or "documents." 4. Select the location to save as my pictures or other folder on your computer. 5. Click on "start" to scan.
To make a standalone copy:
1. Load the paper.
2. Select the "Copy quality" you want.
3. Open the top cover of the All-In-One.
4. Place the item you want to copy face down on the scanner glass. Make sure the upper left corner of the front of the item aligns with the arrow on the right of the All-In-One.
5. Close the top cover.
6. Change copy settings as needed.
Press "Black Copy" or "Color Copy."
With the Lexmark printers communication subsystem you MUST let the
driver ask for you to plug in the printer. DO NOT plug the printer into
the USB port until told to do so.
To fix a fouled install :
(1) Uninstall the Lexmark drivers in Add Remove Programs
(2) Shutdown the computer
(3) Disconnect the printer from the USB port
(4) Restart the computer
(5) Run the Driver Installation software
(6) Cancel ALL attempts by windows to auto install the printer
(7) When the sofware asks for the printer connect it and continue