An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: playstation 2 password error
"To clear the password that has already been set, press SELECT then 7444 when asked for a password. You will then be prompted to set a new password. Make it something easy like 0000. Then go into Custom Setup (the icon looks like a lock with a key hole). Go down to Parental Control. It will probably ask you for a password when you try to modify these settings, so enter 0000 (or whatever password you entered) when prompted. Go down to level, and set it to Off. Then you are done. You can exit the menus and return to playing your DVD."
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the disc is not playing because the play station 2 or 3 is old or it is dusty it happend to me yeah the same fucken **** it's a pice of **** so i figure it out buy taken it apart I then im like what the **** I could of just used fucken air in a can so I cound'it put iit back togehaer so I got so mad I smach the ******* mother fucken thing
If cleaning the lens doesn't resolve the problem, that same website also has a means of purchasing a replacement. If you just want to clean the inside of the disc drive, put the PS2 back together and open up the tray.
Clean everything with a cotton swab, including the laser lens.
1. DVD has lots of scratches 2. Regional Settings 3. Incorrect DVD settings for PS2 4. No/Incorrect Disc
1. Clean your discs well and avoid incurring scratches. Place it in its box after use. 2. DVDs have encoding. They are encoded by regions. Thus, you cannot play region 2 DVDs on a US Playstation mainly because the US Playstation 2 can only read DVD that are encoded in Region 1 or those DVDs that are encoded for all regions. Again, US PS2 are region 1 capable. Japanese PS2s are Region 2 Capable. 3. There are a number of settings for the DVD playback of your PS2. First is the rating of the DVD. If you want to watch a rated R movie, make sure your PS2 allows viewing of R movies. You'll be setting this during the first time that you'll be watching a DVD. It's just the same as real theaters. It is also protected with password so you need the person who set it up the first time in order to bypass the rating settings.
4. Put in a DVD first and make sure that it is a Movie. And, check #2.
I used to have an old PS2 and i played DVD's on it all the time. It had never asked me for a password but the only thing i can think of is if you might need to enter a password that either came with your PS2 manual or something to do with your internet connection.
im sure the screws are under rubber pads thats on one side of the playstation 2, pull the pads off and im sure the screws are hiding under there been so long since i opened one lol.
hopefully i am right lol..
I hope I'm not helping a little kid watch naughty movies, lol. Little joke, but the master password your looking for is 7444. Place dvd in when the password comes up, put in 7444, then put in your new password or no new password.
Put in a DVD, and press select button to go to PS2 DVD menu. highlight setup menu. Press X. go to settings I think, and paretal control is there. Use password 7444. Usually everyone sets the password to 0000. Then when you go into the parental settings, turn the level value to OFF