Would a SCSI disk and a IDE disk work together?
This solution works on WIN98 and I don?t see a reason why it wont work on you
If there is something that you were missing you might want to check with anther expert. This solution is a little complex so I hope ill be able to explain it well enough:
1. Make a boot disk so u can format and install windows.
2. Define the new HD as MASTER and hook it up to "primary IDE"
3. Disconnect the SCSI and pull the board out.
4. Reset the comp from the boot disk u made (HD is connected)
5. Get in "bios settings" and make sure that the new HD is defined as "primary drive"
In the 1st IDE
6. Now, perform a FDisk on the new HD, define partitions, do a reset and format the HD
Install the operating system you wish to have, make sure it works well.
7. install the SCSI board and its HD make anther reset.
8. now the comp is supposed to make boot and recognize the SCSI, it is possible that you will need to define your system configurations but for that, regretfully, I cannot guide you
Although this is not necessarily have to happen.
Feb 23, 2006 |
Cybertron Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz Serial...