Printing anything in black comes out with horizontal blank lines
When i print anything with in black the document comes out printing two lines then blanking out two lines horizontally. I have changed the ink cartridge and no improvement. When I change the font to a color the document comes out fine. Any ideas?
Re: Printing anything in black comes out with horizontal...
Have you tried updating the printer driver (first uninstall the existing driver and make sure you have the latest one already saved to your PC before starting). I don't think your current one has mysteriously misbehaved, I suspect that it has been corrupted in some way (a new download may have done something to a critical part of the driver).
By deleting and re-installing you are "refreshing" everything.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you did not indicate machine or how you are printing.
1- printing from glass or doc feeder? did you check the small scanning glass on left side? usually if there is a dot (pen dot or similar) it will come out as a line on docs, this is because the paper is moving while scanning, so it now sees the dot a s a line. Line up the paper w the glass you should see where the problem is comong from.
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white." 2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab. 2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer. 2. Get a damp paper towel. 3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds. 4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean. 5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing. 6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer. 7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed." 8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
If the printer is printing blank pages, make sure you are using the correct printer driver and make sure the paper size is correctly selected in the driver. If the printer is printing black only, the Ink option in the printer driver may be set to Black instead of Color or a setting in the software may be set to print black only. Also, the print head nozzles may be clogged. From the Utility section found in the printer driver, clean the print heads by performing a head cleaning followed by printing a nozzle check pattern. A head cleaning and nozzle check must be performed as a cycle. After printing a nozzle check, examine the printed dot pattern. Each staggered horizontal and straight vertical line should be complete, with no gaps in the dot pattern. If there are gaps in the dot pattern, continue with another cycle. Performing up to 6 cleaning cycles is not uncommon if the print heads are severly clogged.
Your post "...it prints very faint horizontal lines in color..." is indicative that indeed your color printheads are clogged and would need repetitive deep head cleaning. This is of course would require that you keep on cleaning until such time as the faint color lines have turned to legible print.