Question about Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet Printer
It was working fine one day and then it just turned itself off and I can't turn it back on. I have checked all of the power cords and used multiple outlits, but nothing will work
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One
One possible solution that we can advice is to do a complete trash & reinstallation of printer driver as well as the scanner driver.
For iMac with Leopard, there is a big possibility that the printer driver is not the correct epson series printer driver that's why you can't ink levels is unavailable. Just to set an expectation, printer driver for CX4800 is pre-installed as resident driver in Leopard. Please try to the following to solve that issue:
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
SOURCE: Epson Stylus CX7800
E-90 error is a carriage error. You can reset printer by turning it off and unplugging it then check inside the printer after opening the top cover, check for any parts that are damage or any foreign objects inside.
Then replug and turn it on, if all fails then chances are the product is damage or broke. call epson if you still have a warranty for replacement or have it service.
Thanks for using Epson
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
It seems likely that either your magenta cartridge is faulty (or empty - the ink monitor doesn't show how much ink is actually left, only the amount used subtracted from a presumed full cartridge when new). The first thing to be sure of is that you have a good cartridge - install a new one. You can save the existing one for later use once things are OK again. If this produces no results, you can now be reasonably confident that you have blocked magenta nozzles. Note that putting in a cartridge and taking it out again several times will aggravate the situation by getting air into the system.
You can now try soaking the print heads for 24 hours (or more), as follows. Turn the printer on, and as soon as the print head moves out of its parking position, pull the power cord out of the back, or turn the printer off at the mains. You may now carefully move the print head by hand over to the left hand side out of the way. Look inside the print head parking area on the right and you will see a small rubber cup that comes up to cover the print nozzles when the head is parked (to stop it drying out). Use a syringe or dropper to fill this cup with head cleaning fluid or distilled water. DO NOT USE TAP WATER. Carefully push the print head by hand fully into its parking position so that the cup full of fluid comes up over the print head. Do not turn the printer on at any stage in this process. Leave this for at least 24 hours, then turn the printer on and try a head clean/nozzle check again. If nothing, repeat the process once more. If still nothing, post a new comment detailing what you have done and the results.
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2011 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 17, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 06, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 04, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 09, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
May 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2009 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
Sep 11, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 20, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 14, 2007 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
784 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!