I purchased a used NEC MobilePro and, after trying it out by playing a game of Solitaire on it, vertical lines appeared, within 5 minutes, in the display after exiting the game. I have fully charged the unit overnight, replaced the backup battery with a new one, and have tried adjusting the display every way I could find to no avail. These weird vertical lines are lighter in the center of the screen and are red and green in color, and act like they are almost flickering. Going outward from the center, the lines go to black in color.
The unit works great otherwise and I would like to keep it (I could possibly get a refund) if I can get someone's help in fixing the display (it is very difficult to see anything now on the screen). Thank you!
It is probably due to loose ribbon connector that connects screen(top) to the motherboard(bottom). Try tapping the right hinge first. Else (make sure to backup the computer before) examining this exposed ribbon connector under the right hinge, and depending upon how far one's knowledge and skill allows to go, by unseating and reseating this ribbon should take care of this situation. Very careful. Getting here could be fatal if not done right.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well, if you are searching for the best card games then there are lots of games like solitaire, spades, poker, hearts, rummy etc
which you can play and have fun. But if you are asking for the best one then poker online is one of the best and lovable game which is played by all. Poker is a game which is being played from since 12th century and now it is also played online and has become one of the most popular online games as well.
I just bought a 900C on eBay and had the same problem. According to the seller "the video cable on the right under the hinge cover gets loose..if its reseated it will be fine..you could just press on the bottom of the hinge cover right and it will make it go away but best to reseat the cable."
I haven't tried his solution yet. Mine seems to intermittent since it is working fine right now.
Devices running Windows CE 3.0 turn on at midnight to search for appointments for the coming day. Reminders are set and the Today view is updated with the day's events. The device is supposed to turn off after three minutes of inactivity.
If a program is running the unit may not turn off because there is activity. The following applications are known to cause problems:
* Windows Media player for Pocket PC.
* Active Sync
* Wireless LAN adaptors
NEC has developed a registry patch that has been tested on the following LAN cards.
Cisco Aironet 340
Cisco Aironet 350
Linksys WPC11 Ver 3
LA4137 Wireless Network
For additional information see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article – 263719
Click here to download the Power Management update utility.
Note: Anytime a “hard reset” is performed on the MobilePro 900 the Power Management update utility needs to be re-applied.
1. Download the Power Management update utility to local system.
2. Copy the Pwr_Mgt.exe file to the MobilePro 900 desktop.
3. Double tap the NEC Icon.
4. Click OK.
5. With power on momentary depress the “soft reset” on the bottom using the stylus.
6. Delete the NEC Icon on the desktop.
NEC has identified an issue where the system can erroneously generate the "Backup Battery Very Low" message. There are two possible solutions that will eliminate this erroneous low battery warning message (the first method is the preferred solution, the second method can be used if the update file is not available).
Solution I. Install a new version of the driver that controls the battery monitoring circuit.
1. Download the Low battery warning fix to your desktop.
2. Using ActiveSync or a compact Flash Card, copy FixBatt_HPC2K.EXE to the MobilePro internal disk.
3. On the MobilePro, double click the FixBatt_HPC2K icon.
4. When the message "Low Backup Battery Issue" is displayed, tap the "Patch it" button
5. When prompted turn unit over and momentarily depress the Reset button using the stylus.
Solution II. Change the default power management configuration.
Configure your MobilePro 900 to suspend when the LCD lid is closed on battery power and AC power.
To ensure that the device suspends whenever the lid is closed, please make the following changes and perform a soft reset:
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Open MobilePro Settings.
3. Go to the LCD Suspend/Resume tab.
4. Place a check next to "Enable suspend while on External Power."
5. Click the "Advanced" button and place a check next to "Enable suspend while on External power.
6. Click OK to close the Advanced Setting window and click OK to close the MobilePro Settings.
7. Turn unit over and momentarily depress the Reset button using the stylus.
NOTE: Both the software update and power management settings are cleared on a hard reset and must be re-applied.