My mom recently gave me her tv and after the movers moved it here i pluged it in and theres a strong burning smell from the back of the tv.
It turns on still i haven't tried anything else with it because the smell is so bad when its on... plz help!!! thank you
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: Burning Smell with Samsung HC-p5241w
Dont fear the smoke behind. firstly open your tv. get a brush and clean the in side,it might be other particals dropped in side.
you are able to see where the smoke is coming from.
a qualified tech will solve that without wasting time on it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That tv is very close to catching on fire. UNPLUG IMMEDIATELY. When electronic equipment is old they dont just stop working sometimes. Sometimes the electrical current starts burning the wires and the dust inside. there is a definare odor to electronics burning or shorting out. smell around the air vents in the back of the TV. youll know if wires were burning its a distinct odor
Well that pop had something to do with the power components inside the TV frying. I would have to say there is nothing you can do to repair it as its dangerous to work on such things. I wouln't waste my time bringing it to a repair shop they will probably tell you to just buy a new one.
THe problem is not likely to be a defective part although that could be the case. I would first look for poor solder connections that would have been agrivated by any moves that you have made. If you can solder, resolder any connections on any board that appear grainy or have rings.
If it smells like ozone, I don't know how to describe the smell, it is from the faulty CRT base socket, it is not a major trouble, you can easily replace it or get it replaced, just get the exact same type base socket. I don't think the problem is something else becasuse other smells that can happen are from burning components, in that case the tv wouldn't have worked so long. Good luck.