Question about Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 (U01E200) 200 GB Hard Drive
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You might not be able to see the hidden files... If this is the case you can enable XP in order to view them as follows.....
Windows XP and Windows 2003
To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
Message 23 of 61
Viewed 3,676 times
My Maxtor 3200 died also. I took the following steps to get it running again.
(1) Remove plastic box from around unit. Carefully stick a screwdrive in the case division and pry it apart. It is not easy, but do will finally come apart.
(2) inside you will find a perforated metal box. There are two screw on each side of the box. Remove and separate the two halves.
(3) there you will discover that inside is just an ordinary Maxtor hard drive like you would buy in the electronics store. Attached to the HD is a PC board. There are 3 screws holding the PC board down. Remove the screws and carefully remove the HD and PC board.
(4) unplug the powere plug and the IDE interface from the HD. Now you have a HD that you can install in your own case (as long as you have a desktop unit and not a laptop).
(5) I installed the HD in an empty slot, connected the IDE cable that was already there (between the CD and IDE interface), plugged in the power plug, fired 'er up, and voila, works like a champ.
I suspect that the problem is in the interface (PC board), since the only thing I did was remove that from the equation. Hope this helps
09-09-2008 09:36 AM
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
Is there a problem deleting or is it that you just don't know how to do it?
If it's the former you need to supply a bit more info. If it's the latter then it's very easy.
Highlight the file you want to delete, right-click and select move to trash (second item down).
This moves the file to the trash but doesn't delete it.
Next you can right-click on the trash icon in the dock and choose Empty trash or go to the finder menu and select empty trash from there. After that your files should have been deleted from the maxtor.
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2014 | Computers & Internet
You'll find the iPhoto Library at:
"username" will be your name that appears when you login to the computer.
Feb 12, 2014 | Apple MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with...
May 07, 2010 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
Jan 27, 2010 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Sep 09, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch 4 500GB External USB 2.0...
Aug 13, 2009 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Feb 18, 2009 | Maxtor Computers & Internet
Oct 26, 2008 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Sep 16, 2008 | Maxtor Hard Drive
Jun 24, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!