Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Connect the modem and the router. Make sure the cable from the modem goes to the internet port in the router.
Reset the modem.Resetting the modem can be done by using a paper clip and insert it to the reset hole found on the back of the modem. Restart your router and systems.
Check if this resolves your issue. Post your results.
Dell Laptop Expert
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2014 | Apple iPad 2 Wifi 16GB
May 26, 2012 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Dec 01, 2009 | D-Link Vonage-enabled Wireless Router...
May 18, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 26, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Nov 03, 2008 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
Jun 30, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Mar 08, 2008 | Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Broadband...
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!