Question about Quantum Fireball Plus AS 60 GB ATA-100 Hard Drive
First of all hello
It is maybe one of two possibilities (3 actually with the third one being a corrupted installtion or faulty hard drive)
1. Check you CMOS settings (at boot up press Delete or F4 or ESC, look around in the menus and see if the Quantum CD drive can be seen over there. If not it is a clear sign that you battery needs changing
1. Might be that you mbr is corrupted
2. Get hold of your winxp / vista installation CD
3. Boot from CD "press any key when asked to do so"
4. Choose Repair with Command Prompt from the options available
5. Go to the command prompt and type Fixmbr c:
6. You get a set of warning but you should accept and it will fix your mbr
7. Remove CD and reboot your OS should reboot
Solution 3: Corrupted hard drive or installation
1. You will need to check the health of the hard drive to see if its the installation or the drive itself. A sign that the hard drive is faulty might be listening to it and hearing for unusual repetitive hard drive sounds at start up when you try to boot it up this means that the hard drive needs replacing. If there are no sounds then you need to reinstall the OS
2. I suggest you hook the hard drive to another computer and from My computer check the hard drive if its still readable or not if it is and you can copy from it then the hard drive should be ok.
3. Copy the neccessary files
4. Proceed to hook back the hard drive into your pc and reboot with the installtion CD in place
6. From here on you will be required to reformat and reinstall the OS
7. Install all the drivers
8. Install any wanted software (Anti virus and antispyware are a must)
9. You're done
Note if you do not feel so confident about the reinstall seek some guidance from a technician or close friend who can help you out. Make sure that you follow this fixya carefully!
Was very glad to help you!
(PS: Please take some time to rate this solution)
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2012 | Hitachi Deskstar 7K160 HDS721616PLA380 160...
Sep 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2009 | Seagate 80GB One Touch 4 Mini-maxtor USB...
Jul 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 07, 2009 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 40 GB Hard Drive
Feb 22, 2009 | Western Digital Elements powered by WD 320...
Feb 15, 2009 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Feb 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
When your system boots, go to bios by pressing del key (some model have f10 key depends on you pc model). Check there hard is detected or not. Some sysem bios have hard disk daignostic utility, you can daignose hard dirsk from there also. Try to change data cable of hdd drive.
Oct 13, 2007 | Computers & Internet
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: