There seems to be a problem with my operating system because the flash drive works perfectly in laptops and other desktop PC's however my main issue is that i am unable to write anything to the thum drive from my computer.
every time i try to copy anything as big as 5MB it starts to copy half way and then it stops and an eror message pops up saying "please specify file path"!
what could be the problem it isn't my ports its a new machine i built myself and and my 2Gb and 4Gb works just perfectly.
im confused because this is a very odd problem to encounter
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think its not the problem of pen drive its some virus or malware in your computer. Please try formatting the pen drives in safe mode. If this doesn't work here is the full address of service centre in Bhopal:
re-STORE (A Unit of Aforeserve.com Ltd)
C/O logic technologies 2nd floor
shikhar tower 6 number bus stop sivaji nagar
well u should format it...**** how? there is some programes that can make the format (rather then the right click format cz it wont work), and there is a 75% working solution..... controle pannel.....administrative tools....device managment.....drive managment(or somthin similer)..., there u will see your flash , right click and format. done! if not google under "usb softwares"... gd luck
There are two most common causes of Pen Drive not working
1) The usb port You are connecting it has not enough power output to operate the pendrive (many older computers and laptops have this issue) solution buy an powered USB HUB one with a power adapter You put in a wall socket and then connect Your Pen Drive thruu this hub
2) Operating system lacks drivers for Your particular Pen (windows up to Millenium lack proper usb support and newer I mean XP Vista? (Not sure bout this last one) need administrative privileges to recognise some Pen Drive for the first time or even a driver diskette (some very rare cases).
I had such an issue with my 16GB Kingston it just died after 2 month. But usually it comes with at least 5 year warranty. So I returned mine and got new one instead. My luck that I had my files backed up. Try to change your kingston if it's completely undiscovered by your PC. But try it on another PC or Mac first. Good luck!
First check the other USB ports. Try it in the USB ports on the back of the computer. If that doesn't help then make sure you have the latest WinXP service pack installed. Although it is possible to have a problem with the drivers, they are built into Windows and are not available for download from Kingston. Do any other USB drivers work on that computer?