Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
The microwave was working fine, but when I went to use it 10 minutes later, I was unable to touch any buttons. The clock is out, no buttons work, but when the door is shut, the microwave runs constantly. I tried putting some water in the microwave for a couple minutes to see if it was heating, but the water did not get warm, so it seems as just the fan is running, with the interior light on. I tried switching the fuse off and then on to restart it, but it did not make a difference. I can't even keep the door shut, as the machine runs - the interior light also stays on while the door is open. What can I do to fix it?
OK, you will need to replace the magnetron and the touch pad as well. this will fix this issue.
Posted on May 29, 2009
Sounds like a defective door interlock switch or a broken switch mount. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 If it's not a problem with the door switch or door switch mount, it may be a problem on the control board. We repair these for $39.95 for customers nationwide. Reply back if you still ned help.
Posted on Jun 04, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2014 | KitchenAid KEMS379BSS 27" Microwave...
Jan 10, 2014 | Frigidaire FMT118E1B Microwave Oven
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if contact is not through the microwave will not work.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Jun 14, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 18, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven
Sep 29, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 19, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 15, 2008 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
Mar 01, 2008 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Dec 17, 2007 | Sanyo EM-S9515W Microwave Oven
840 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: