I have this same problem and cannot afford them...I have a Dell Dimension2400 series. I know its old and may need some new hardware but overall it does work pretty well. I want to uninstall the musicmatch program from my computer as this is missing some files and every time I download something it trys to play it in music match and then this freezes my computer. I tried everything to uninstall it myself and can't
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the system is beeping thrice in continuous loop with POWER LED blinking then it could be due to :
1)Chipset Error (North and South Bridge Chipset, DMA/IMR/Timer Error for Intel platform); Chipset Error
2)Time-Of-Day Clock test failure.
3)Gate A20 failure
4)Super I/O chip failure
5)Keyboard controller test failure
To Sum it up : System board failure
You can call Dell Tech Support and check for repair options:18772931197 , you can also check with Local Tech.
You can try releasing flee(static) power and check
Let me know.
Normally the operating system CD is included on the shipment or came with the system.If you dont have the OSCD please follow the steps below.
1. Please call the Dell Tech support by dialing the Tech support contact you can find it manual of the PC
2. You can request from them the Operating System disc they normally give for free if it is only the first time their customer request the item. they will send it to your preferred address.
3. After you received the CD.Please call them back again for further instruction on how to re-install the operating system (XP) on your PC.They will also help you about the missing drivers,drivers that needs update.Please be remind that not all drivers can be downloaded from the internet.Most PC manufacturer has a separate CD for the drivers and do not worry you can also request the CD driver from DELL.Thank you
You cannot... The motherboard is bad. That is what the light indicators are for. If it is under warranty, call Dell to get a service tech dispatched. If not, start planning on a mobo replacement/PC replacement.
It could be a few things. Try removing the ram first of all. If you get the display to come on then that is most likely your problem. If you have more than one stick remove one at a time until you find out which one is bad. If you still have the same issue visually inspect the motherboard. Look at the capacitors if any of them are bulged or leaking then you have a bad motherboard. You can google search capacitor to see what they look like.
Seems to me that the safest thing to do here is ask the maker itself weather such an upgrade can indeed be made. In fact, my friend got a Dell from a hotel that upgraded their systems this year, and he has called them multiple times, and gotten help every time, for free! I was pleasantly surprised! Below is a link to Dell support.