Question about Husqvarna Designer I
When stitching out a embroidery design my machine suddenly binds up and the needle breaks. I try to remove the hoop but it is stuck to the metal plate underneath. What a mess underneeth...plate is pulled off and bobbin case is compleatly pulled out and laying loose. I have to cut the nest of threads loose before I can remove the hoop. This happens about every 300 stitches! It suddenly started happening. Have used my machine constantly for two years. This problem has happened three times before when stitching out lace but I think that was a bad design. Please help! Thank you!
Check to see if the bobbin spring is in place. Remove the needle plate, to your right front there is a spring which looks more like an ax with handle than a "spring". It should be underneath the plate that holds it in place. If not your thread is getting caught on it and creating nesting.
Posted on Nov 27, 2012
This has happened to me as well. What I usually do is:-
* remove bobbin case and clean out any lint, also under the needle plate, then replace needle plate , bobbin case and the little front cover. replace the bobbin , checking that you have the thread going the correct way.
* replace the needle with a new one of the correct size for the weight of your fabric and the weight of your thread
*remove and rethread the top thread
* check that the stabilizer is of sufficient weight for the density of the design. (You may need to float an extra piece of stabilizer underneath the hoop)
* check also that it is bobbin-fill in your bobbin (it is easy to get it mixed up)
* when stitching out lace, sometimes it helps to hoop the solvy double.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Jun 15, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Jul 31, 2011 | PfaFF Creative 7570
Dec 11, 2010 | Husqvarna Designer I
Jan 20, 2010 | Husqvarna Designer I
Nov 13, 2009 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Apr 19, 2009 | Husqvarna Designer I
Feb 03, 2009 | PfaFF Creative 7570
Feb 01, 2009 | PfaFF Creative 7570
301 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!