Question about Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Where is a good place to search for a circuit board chips

Blew up a chip on a small 2.1ch speaker system from Japan, looking for a replacement chip for some one to fit. can part read the name and numbers on the burnt chip  Tai-1 T421DSE... El02HA Thank you

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,139 Answers


The best way to do this is to get the schematic, lookup the part number and then get the OEM part from the manufacture.

Also you can look the part up at or any of the other electronics part stores.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,


Posted on Jan 15, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I have 2 hs80m speakers, 1 speaker is quieter than the other. It seems like it is an amplification problem, but im not sure what part of the circuit board is causing the problem. I just turn 1 speaker up...

If one of the speakers..barely work means that integrate circuit chip ..its faulty ..These kinda amplifiers..has one for each channel ..and the function is amplification ..when they fail behave like you described....You should get a measurement tool and check the resistance for them ..if you are skilled a little ...and see which one is to blame ..They are usually not that expensive ..and they look like a rectangular spider..(at least 6 legs on each side..)
When you locate the one ..that seam to be the blame is easy to change it using a soldering tool ...Just turn the board upside down ..remove the part ..and insert the other one ..without touching nearby parts or ..circuits...solder it in place with care ..
My advice is to get it to a professional ...and have the circuit replaced....cause these things are sensitive to mess with ..
Mean while ..if you want to use them ..try to get an adapter ..and use both speakers on the same channel in parallel ...It will be better than keeping one at max to compensate ..

Sep 01, 2011 | Yamaha HS80M Powered Monitors

4 Answers


You can check this link for that convergence that your looking
after you replace thet convergence correctly its should be working fine already..

Good luck.........

Aug 10, 2008 | Hitachi 53FDX20B 53" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I have a GE 27GT624. The picture is perfect but the sound went out. Both speakers work fine when hooked up to something else. The circuit board looks like a resister and an E-prom chip has tan burn marks...

The epprom chip is most likely the problem, the tuner shield will need to be resolded to the main circuit board because over time it developes hairline cracks causing the epprom to fail in a variety of ways. The chip needs to be replaced and programed along with tuner shield repair, I don't think there is a board option replacement.

Dec 20, 2010 | GE 25GT240 25" TV

1 Answer


there are fuses on each driver (6 in all) under the heatsinks usually.. make sure these are good. there are also 2 5amp fuses on the g board that supply power to the chips + and - 24volts.. check both of these.. i've seen some check good in circuit and still are bad, check voltage to see for sure. In a rare case, i knocked off a small surface mount resistor when unsoldering the chip, and then the convergence was muted.. make sure no small surface mount parts were moved on the bottom of the board when you soldered. good luck, let me know wif you need futher assistance.

Jun 19, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Sound to right speaker goes in and out, mostly out after a few minutes. checked speaker wire connections. they are ok. switched speakers to no avail. Do I have a bad chip or circuit?

there could be a dry soldering joint on the Right Output of the audio chip inside the unit. As the audio chip heats up, it warms the board up aswell and this can warp it causing the sound to cut in and out.

May 24, 2010 | JVC MX-J50 CD Shelf System

1 Answer

I blew out an IC chip of my Monitor Audio ASW 110 Sub_woofer. The chip is in the U6 position it has 8 contacts. How do I figure out what chip to replace this with.

It is marked as U5 on my board but it is a BA4558 dual opamp. Can you take a look at your board and give me the color codes or resistance values for R35 and R36 please? Mine are fried. Thanks!

Oct 29, 2009 | Monitor Audio ASW-110 Subwoofer

3 Answers

Altec Lansing ADA995 does not work

This is my Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 (ADA995) surround sound amplifier for my computer. There is a design flaw where the board gets corroded due to the fact they caulked or glued it togther and left some of the circuit board hanging out. Just thought I would point out my findings in case some of you had the same system. It's a relatively easy fix. I got all the parts from Newark for about $30.00, and it took roughly 2 hours. Original Amplifier Chips below:

Positive Voltage Regulator is blown out:

Notice the traces where corrosion caused a short:

Another view of the burnt traces:


The glue or caulk ran straight across here:

This resistor was blown out.
I pulled it out before I took the picture I went ahead and replaced all of the 4.7 ohm 1/4 watt resistors:8_18_2012_3_31_59_am.jpg

Blown out 4.7ohm 1/4 watt resistor:8_18_2012_3_32_37_am.jpg

New goods!8_18_2012_3_33_48_am.jpg

Just before surgery on the amp chips:

Re-jumpered the traces:8_18_2012_3_35_55_am.jpg

Re-jumpered the traces:8_18_2012_3_36_44_am.jpg

New amp chips are in! Boy that "Heat Sink Transfer Paste" is really messy!!!:8_18_2012_3_37_26_am.jpg

A peek at the underside:8_18_2012_3_38_11_am.jpg


New L7815CV Positive Voltage Regulator (Shown here):
New L7915CV Negative Voltage Regulator is on the back side:8_18_2012_3_39_35_am.jpg

New amp chips are all nestled down in their new home!:

Boy that's a big heat-sink:

Time to try it out. And it works. Boy, going a week with out 5.1 audio on your computer is terrible! Nobody should have to live that way or be subjected to that kind of torture. I guess this would be considered a "first world problem"!


Aug 20, 2008 | Altec Lansing ADA995 Speaker

2 Answers

No sound

take off bottom cover and see if the speaker wire came off.make sure its on cb and not on pa and make sure its plugged into the right port

Mar 03, 2008 | Cobra 148 GTL 120-Channels Base CB Radio

2 Answers

Output board for Altec Lansing ADA995

I had the same problem. One day I heard two pops and the speaker, including the power light, were dead. Neither Dell nor Altec Lansing support them. They're throw-aways, unless you know a genius electronics technician.

Dec 24, 2007 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Televison & Video Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74858 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Sony Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides