Question about Sharp R-820B Convection/Microwave Oven
Carousel pan base misaligned on 3spoked arm... Eliptical spin causes rubbing on back wall and Arc Welding at touch point. 3 spoked/wheel base fits on 3 prong only one way and regularly comes loose and misaligns, causing imperfect circular spin and rubbing of base pan on back of microwave wall. This causes Spark/Arc damage to Stainless Steel back wall.. Seems like regular issue.. DESIGN DEFECT............... You must find the exact 1 in 3 position for spoke to sit on center or occurs again and again when it jumps off center and misaligns again. DESIGN DEFECT....
Posted on Jun 05, 2013
SOURCE: sparks in oven
the burning is normally caused by a small particle of food getting stuck on the waveguide cover, this then carbonises and starts to arc. replacing cover should return oven to normal
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
SOURCE: microwave ovens
The Magnetron has failed, causing the waveguide to become damaged. If the waveguide is damaged/burned the microwave can not be repaired and should be replaced.
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
This sounds like the inner lining is coming off and alloying the metal interior to spark. You will need to repair the liner and this should fix your problem.
Posted on Dec 08, 2009
YOU SHOULD NOT RUN MICRO WITHOUT ANY THING IN IT / THIS WILL OVER LOAD THE MAG TUBE . AND SOME TIMES FRY IT .. The sparking and arcing is probably a bad wave guide . this is sometimes caused by food splater / it gets in the cracks and corners and then cooks till it truns to carbon which conduts the micro's and thus arching .. clean it good and touch up any burns in the metal and repl wave guide cover. mm hope this will help .. mm
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2014 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Nov 26, 2013 | Thermador Microwave Ovens
Aug 15, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1310W/B Microwave Oven
If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. As you have mentioned it was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now switch the microwave power on and use a cup of water to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. Replace with same type. If not check the waveguides within the cabin for food particles that can burn and spark, check for rust that can corrode and spark when the ceramic paint has worn out.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Feb 10, 2011 | GE JE1860 Microwave Oven
Dec 15, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1540 Microwave Oven
Mar 29, 2010 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Sep 08, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 15, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 31, 2014 | Sharp R-820B Convection/Microwave Oven
1,125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: