Question about Lexmark X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I purchased new catridges for my lexmark X1250 Printer but after the replacement it wont print. The Power light button just keeps flicking and blinking and no printing.
1. Make sure the printer is switched on, the old cartridges are still in the printer, and the cartridge cover is closed.
2. Click on Start, Programs (XP: All Programs), Lexmark <Printer Name>, Lexmark <Printer Name> Solution Center.
3. When the Solution Center screen appears, click on the Maintenance button on the left-hand side. (This button is the third from the top and bears a picture of ink drops.)
4. When you see the Install or obtain a New Cartridge option, click on it once. A pop-up displays a brief description of how to physically remove an old cartridge and install a new one.
5. Follow these instructions and click Next. The software will prompt you to confirm whether the cartridges are new or old.
6. For the new cartridge you just inserted, select No, it's new. Important: Make sure the setting for any old cartridge stays on Yes, It is old.
7. Once your selections have been made, click OK. The program will want to run the alignment for any new cartridges you installed. This applies whether you changed one or both cartridges (in the case of printers that can hold two cartridges). An alignment screen with a red and white bull's eye will appear.
8. Make sure the cartridge cover is closed and that there is paper in the printer.
9. Then click the Print button on the alignment screen. A sheet of paper will print from your printer with a series of arrows and numbers on it, with one set of solid bars above them. You should see four groups of lines, unless you have a single cartridge. If you have a single cartridge, you will only have one set of lines.
10. In each group, locate the arrow that looks the most solid. It may help to circle the number under each arrow you choose as you go along.
11. On your screen, you will see an area where you can enter the alignment values. When you have identified all the numbers, select those same numbers for each group on your screen, using the up and down arrows next to each value for A, B, C, and D (or A if you have only one cartridge).
12. When all the numbers have been changed to reflect the chosen numbers on the printed alignment page, click OK. The cartridge installation procedure is complete.
13. You can now exit from the Solution Center.
Please tell me if this helped I take no credit as I used the name aboves solution any credit should be give to him
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The 100/100XL cartridges are not licensed to be refilled. You can, however, refill the 100A or 100XLA cartridges available on the Lexmark website at http://www.lexmark.com. You should be aware that a refilled cartridge will not be able to report its ink level, and you might not get the print quality you expect from ink that is specially formulated by Lexmark to pass through microscopic nozzles at extremely high temperatures.
Sep 20, 2011 | Lexmark Interpret S405 Wireless All-in-One...
2) Remove the black power brick/block from the rear of the machine. (It may be a little tough to pull it out the first time you remove it.
3) Open the top of the printer/multi-function unit.
4) Gently pull the ribbon in order to center the printer cartridge carrier.
5) Open either the left or right side and remove the cartridge. (Depends on which side the error is occurring on, black on the left, color on the right)
6) Verify that all of the plastic strip that covered the new contacts on the cartridge have in fact been removed.
7) Wipe both the cartridge and printer contacts with a dry, lint free cloth.
8) Wipe the bottom of the cartridge with a damp, lint free cloth in order to verify that the ink is flowing and looks correct.
9) Make sure there is no water remaining on the cartridge.
10) Re-insert the cartridge into the carrier and make sure that it is bottomed and inserted all the way to the rear of the carrier slot.
11) Re-insert the power brick/block.
12) Re-connect the printer power cable.
13) Power on the printer and the error should be resolved.
14) Run the print alignment and print or copy several pages to insure the problem has been resolved.
IF YOU NEED TO BE WITH THE ORIGINAL CATRIDGES PLASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS.
ALWAYS PREFER LEXMARK CATRIDGES FOR LONG LIFE OF PRINTER Remove the indicated print cartridge. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet. If the button is not lit, press . Reinsert the print cartridge. If the error: Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected. Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one. BESTWISHES.....
Remove the indicated print cartridge.
Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.
If the button is not lit, press .
Reinsert the print cartridge.
If the error:
Does not reappear, the problem has been corrected.
Reappears, replace the print cartridge with a new one.
Dec 19, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 20, 2010 | Lexmark C510 Laser Printer
Jun 16, 2009 | Dell 946 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 16, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1600 Printer
Feb 17, 2009 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 19, 2009 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 01, 2017 | Lexmark X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!