THE PS3 SCREEN STAY BLACK EVEN WHEN THE CONSOLE IS ON
Please help me, it is urgent. When I turn my ps3 on, the screen of the TV just stay black even though the PS3 is on. Here are the situations:
- I know it is not the display problem because I know how to fix them. - All the cables are properly plug in. - The ps3 won't recognize any controllers, even when I plug in the USB cable. - I can still insert any types of disc (DVD, Blu-Ray, CD) but the screen is still black. - No audio
Re: THE PS3 SCREEN STAY BLACK EVEN WHEN THE CONSOLE IS ON
Hi, I can help you but i need you to turn everything on and at that blank black screen insert any Disc wait like 2 seconds and tell me if the top right hand corner if theres a small loading icon looks something like a water drop ripple that pops up. If so i had the same exact problem, they way i fix mine is I replaced my HDD (2.5 SATA drive) which is located on the left side of the ps3 when layed down horizontally if you didnt know already. I went ahead and bought a new 2.5 SATA drive and replaced it with my old one that was causing the problem, most likely is caused buy corrupted data files. HOpe this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Does the PS3 turn off?
If it stays on but you have a black screen, is it possible you have your tv set to the wrong channel?
Are you able to hook up your PS3 to another tv...preferably one that you know will work...such as a friend's tv that also has a ps3
Try these tips to fix the so-called "black screen of death".
Tip 1: The main reason of HDMI black screen problem due to HDMI
cable may be damaged and not properly connected to the PS3 console. Please
follow below step to troubleshoot PS3 HDMI cables problem:
1) Restart your PlayStation 3.
2) Look for loose cables.
3) Try to unplug all cables except the power cord, and plug them back
in. If you found out that your HDMI cable is damaged, borrow a
friends cable and try it. If your friends cable works fine, and the
black screen error disappears. Then you can buy a brand new HDMI cable
for a replacement.
Tip 2:Only try as last resort. There is a possibility you'll lose all data on your PS3'shard drive. If tip 1 didn't work, you will need to go a step deeper and reset your console. Most PS3 gamers are not aware that Sony
actually included a black screen of death troubleshooting method and
other HDMI problems in the PS3 manual, you can find it under
the troubleshooting section - topic "console reset".
If you do it correctly, the console reset fix will allow you to reset
back your PS3 to its default HDMI settings without impacting your gamer
profile, and other storage data on the hard drive.
You will need to perform the following steps:
1. Place your PS3 in stand-by mode.
2. Hold down the touch power button until a series of beeps are heard.
3. Listen for one long beep, followed by two shorter beeps.
4. Release the power button.
5. Follow the instructions on screen.
Your tv screen has problems with the video mode that has setted up on your ps3, hold the power button till hear two beeps, this will reset the video mode of the ps3, and leavse you at a screen to set up the video mode of the ps3.