Question about Estate TEDS840JQ Electric Dryer
How do i get to the belt
Perform the following steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer before servicing.
2. Open the dryer lint trap and remove the screen.
3. With the lint door open, remove the two screws under the lint screen door. Be carefully not to drop the screws down the ventilation duct.
4. With the screws removed, the top panel should pull towards you slightly than lift up. You may want to use some assistance in holding the top panel up.
5. Unplug the door latch connectors from inside the front panel. Remove any ground wires that may be attached to the front panel.
6. Locate and remove the screws that hold the front panel in place to the side panels. There are two of them (one on each side). Make sure you place your body against the panel as you loosen the screws to prevent it from falling.
7. With the screws removed, grasp the front panel at the top and lift up slightly to remove.
With the front panel out of the way, you should have plenty of access to replace the drive belt. If you require assistance in how to properly route the belt, go to repairclinic.com and click on the "Repair Help" link at the top of the page. On the following page, look for a "Dryer Belt Diagrams" link under the "Special Features" section. Scroll down until you find Estate. Use diagram H for your dryer.
To reinstall everything follow the above steps in the reverse order. Getting the front panel back in place can take some effort. The panel has two small square holes at the bottom on each side behind the panel. These holes holes need to line up correctly with the small black cleats on the front edge of each side panel in order for it go back into place. Make sure you reconnect all connector plug and ground wires. Do not forget to reinstall the screws under the lint screen door when the top panel is back in place. Once again, do not drop them down inside the vent ducting or you will have to remove the entire back panel to retrieve them. NOTE: Placing some tape over the vent opening will prevent this.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you still have questions, please let me know.
PS For additional assistance you can, go to searspartsdirect.com for exploded view diagrams for you dryer. This may help you with assembly/disassembly.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
2 screws at bottom front, pull out slowly from bottom first. Remove the door switch wiring. Then you will see the rest. Note how the belt rides thru the pulley and onto the motor. Belt # 341241, available for $11.99 at timerking.com. Hope this helps!
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Feb 28, 2015 | Dryers
Feb 05, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jun 15, 2009 | Asko T761 Electric Dryer
Feb 27, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Feb 12, 2009 | Roper REX5635E Dryer
Jun 17, 2008 | Dryers
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: