I REPLACED THE COOLANT IN ALL THREE PROJECTORS,I TOOK THEM OUT SO NOT TO GET THE FLUID ON THE CIRCUIT BOARDS. I TOOK THEM CAREFULLY OUT ONE BY ONE AND MADE SHURE HOW THE WIRES WENT. AFTER THEY WERE DONE I WENT TO TURN ON AND GOT NOTHING BUT A CLICK. THE UNIT HAS POWER AND I MADE SHURE THAT ALL CONNECTIONS WERE TIGHT. IT HAS ME PUZZLED PLEASE HELP
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes its toxic if ingested by animals.It's the same as automotive engine coolant. Its the coolant for the CRT's it can also cause severe damage to the circuit boards solder if its allowed to set onto the circuit boards.
The picture is formed from three lamps in the base of the TV. These lamps have a fluid filled lens on each of them and the Glycol in this fluid degrades after time. This fluid can also have a mold or algae growing in it.
Check the lamps visually first BUT DON'T touch the driver circuits ( this would be very bad for you) with them turned on and off.
If you need to change the fluid, be very careful as leaks happen very easily. If you get any of this fluid onto the driver board it will damage the tracks etc VERY QUICKLY.
You must replace the fluid with the correct fluid at the correct level and amount and wash your hands afterwards as Glycol is a poison.
I do not think that this is an electronic fault as the orange tinting leads me towards a fluid issue.
The substance that you are looking at is ethylene glycol, which is better known as anti-freeze, but it is optically clear. If it leaked on to a circuit board, this is not a good sign. I have not been able to repair a set that has been contaminated with this fluid. If your set still works you can replace the fluid and the set will be fine, do not run the set without this fluid as it will cause the CRT to overheat and may crack.
I usually order my parts from Andrews Electronics in California, they will have the OEM components that you will need. Their site is http://www.andrewselectronics.com/welcome.aspx And their phone number is a 24-Hour Order Desk: (800) 274-4666 I recommend the phone order so you can talk to the person about type of fluid that you need. I think it is referred to as CRT coolant, and is sold by the bottle. I hope that this helps Thanks for using fixya If you need any further assistance please respond to this post. asnowman
The coolant in the CRT's is made up of 70% ethylene glycol and 30% glycerin. The coolant is highly conductive and somewhat corrosive. Since you already tried to turn it on im not sure but hopefully you wiped it up first. Take some 100% denatured alcohol and use that to clean the spill you can just pour it on and wipe it off with the set unplugged of course. then let the remainder on the board evaporate (It evaporates very quickly when open) and repeat the process. if your lucky and it did short the first time you turned it on the fuse just blew.
Good Day; More than likely your TV has "COOLANT" (ethylene glycol) on the circuit boards. This fluid comes from the CRT's (picture tube) this fluid is used to keep the CRT's cool, such the name. This fluid from the CRT's leak when TV is on for long periods of time, the chamber expands and the seals leak. One can remove this fluid by using "acetone" & small brush. The fluid is hard to see, use bright light, they spots can be smaller then a DIME. Also, the fluid can corrode the parts and traces on the boards. To protect the TV in future place heavy plastic or thick cardboard over affective area, make sure TV has proper air flow around TV. If after the fluid has been removed and TV still does not work, call an Authorized Service Center to come out and repair TV after giving you an Written Estimate. The boards are not available. Always try resetting the TV by unplugging it for one minute then plug back into A/C outlet and ALWAYS UNPLUG TV BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY REPAIR ON THE TV. This a very common problem with model. Don't listen to other comments unless the use the correct replacement parts. SYMPTOM: Power LED does not stop blinking after plug in. CURE: replace C9B01, C9B02,C9B10, and C9B11 (1000 uFD 16V) on the DM PCB. Replace them with part # 181P734030 (680uFd 16V). The DM Board (PCB) is located on the very left side of the TV looking from back. Caution on removing Board and note what cables you disconnect to access the Metal Shielded Board.
Man you may have a big mess on your hands the cooling fluid has probably gotten on a circuit board(s) and ruined it them and using the set with a cooling fluid leak is dangerous. You may need to replace the small signal board large signal board and the cooling fluid in the crt. I suggest this job to a pro
If you are willing, remove the speaker grill and the rectangular board behind that and look very, very carefully underneath each of the three picture tubes for evidence of coolant drops on the printed circuit boards. These sets have been known to spill a few drops of coolant onto the boards and this causes intermittent problems such as yours. This is my first direction in your case. Let me know.
Sounds like you need Coolant fluid change, this is the fluid under the Lenses. If you have not done this before I suggest that you get some one who is qualified. Because if the coolant leaks and get to the circuit board, there goes your tv. You need new fluid in the 3 CRT's. If you look down with the back off and looking in the lense, you would see contamination in the fluid, this needs to be taken out and cleaned and replaced with new fluid. The fluid can come from places like MCM electronics corp.
The are controls on the inside of the tv above the circuit boards for focus and to turn up intensity of the projector lamps (red, green, and blu). If you turn it up too far all three projector lamps kick off. If this happens, power off the set and turn down the lamp that you turned up. Power it back on and slowly turn the projector lamp up until the picture looks OK. You have to take off the panel on back of set to get to the controls.
this model is famous for fluid leaks. each projector tube has a
reservoir on the front of it with a fluid in it. this keeps the face of
the tube cool. this depends on how bad the damage is in the tv. in most cases we can
reseal the tube and clean up the fluid 400-600. Once you take the tube out you will see where it leaked. The problem is that the frame on the CRT that the heavy screws with springs are mounted on (that hold the lens coupled to the CRT) is weak and they can bend. We have seen several that have leaked after the customer moved the set. You can only tighten them down so much because the frame bends. It is just stamped metal and not welded at the corners to support the bend.
We remove the CRT, clean it all up, add a very small amount of RTV sealer to the gasket, reassemble, let the RTV cure thoroughly and refill with coolant. The extra sealer should prevent future leaks. Haven't had a recall yet. Mits says replace the CRT...too costly.
You msut check the yokes carefully as well. If any coolant gets into them you can end up with shorts there and a mess.
Clean the boards carefully and repair any corrosion damage. The coolant is ethylene glycol and glycerine which is water soluable.