An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
Re: DV-S555 wont always open
I sounds as if the guide tracks on each side are sticking. Be vary careful and put a little bit of tuner cleaner and lub on the tracks and this will usually fix the problem. Do not spray it into the tray for it may mess up your lens. Hope this helps.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to this link. Click on "Frequently Asked Questions" and then click on the appropriate link (#4). Basically, once the firewire cable is connected, make sure that the camcorder is in the playback mode, is turned on, and you see "DV IN" on the LCD. If all that is happening, your computer/software should be able to "see" the camcorder and download the video.
Hi There, I've got the same problems with my DV 285. My power started going off approximately 5 to 10 minutes into the DVD. The only button that seems to work is the OPEN/CLOSE button. Once the tray closes, the unit shuts off. I can't even use the on/standby button to turn it on.
* The most frequent cause of this type situation is not having a power source attached, or a depleted battery pack.
* Once the power source is available, some models require manually unlatching and opening a cover.
* When the cover is fully open, the cassette will eject automatically after a few seconds.
* If the tape still will not eject, seek assistance from a Service Facility because you need a special tool to remove the tape without causing further damage.