Question about Whirlpool GSC9455 Top Load Washer
Anyone know how put a wrench on nut for the brake spring that holds the cam bars down. I took the cam bar for the spin out and I can put it back. Only access is back and bottom.
There is no easy way to put the cam bar back under the pressure spring. what i usually do is try to start the cam bar at the short end and force it back under without removing the bolt that holds the spring to the transmission. if you cant figure out how to do this the only other way is to remove the transmission.
if you do take the trans. out then be careful to not let the agitator shaft ball fall out or the unit wont spin when you get it all back together.
the spring is not very strong and if you can get both hands under there, then just wedge the spring up and then try to force the can bar back in. its not easy but keep trying as pulling the trans. out is alot harder.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2012 | 1986 Toyota Celica
Dec 08, 2011 | Nordic Track Nordictrack Exp 1000...
6) Rotate the motor to the right to relieve the belt tension and remove belt from motor pulley
7) After belt is removed from motor pulley, rotate motor to the left as far as possible to assure cam bar clearance.
8) The spin cam bar must be advanced to the spin position. Push up on the spin control solenoid plunger and rotate the main drive pulley until the cam bar advances to the spin position.
9) Remove the brake yoke spring from the gear case cover and yok. (see figure 2)
10) Remove completely the 3 support braces attached to the gear case and base plate. (see figure 3)
11) Remove the 2 pump mounting bolts. The pump hoses do not have to be disturbed. (see figure 3)
12) Remove the gear case mounting stud which has the spacer. remove spacer (see figure 2). Loosen the remaining 2 gear case mounting studs approximately 7 turns. (see figure 3).
13) Remove yoke retainer from yoke support. (see figure 2 for the types of yoke retainer).
14) The gear case can now be pulled down so that the belt can be slipped out between the top of of the clutch shaft and the clutch yoke. (see figure 4) and then through the space beneath the short stud; drop the belt from around the gear case.
15) Reverse the procedure in steps 15 & 13 to install the new belt.
16) Replace the pump making certain the pump lever is engaged in the notch in the agitator cam bar before securing the pump to the gear case ( see figure 5).
17) Grasp the bottom loop of the yoke spring with a pair of pliers and engage the spring with the hole in the upper gear case cover (see figure 2).
18) Replace spacer in short gear case mounting stud. Tighten the 3 gearcase mounting bolts ( finger tight only ). Next, set the machine upright and tighten the gear case mounting bolts securely. This procedure will allow the superstructure to properly align itself with the center post bearing.
19) Lay the machine on it's front to mount the 3 support braces to the gearcase baseplate. Tighten the bolts securely.
20) To adjust the belt tension properly, position the belt over the pulleys. Insert a hammer handle or some other lever between the motor mounting brackets. Rotate the motor to the left as far as it will go. Tighten the nuts holding the motor mounting bracket. Check the tension of the belt, it should deflect about 1/2 inch. (see figure 1).
21) Set machine upright. Reinstall the agitator, agitator cap, service panel, water hoses and connect electrical supply.
Mar 07, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
May 12, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Mar 29, 2010 | Kenmore 25842 Top Load Washer
Mar 04, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Dec 20, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Mar 14, 2009 | 1992 Ford Taurus
Feb 01, 2009 | 1998 Plymouth Voyager
Jan 02, 2009 | Whirlpool GSC9455 Top Load Washer
Mar 01, 2012 | Whirlpool GSC9455 Top Load Washer
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: