Question about Acer Aspire 5920-6727 Notebook
I have Acer Aspire 5100 PC with Vista home premiem. My windows failed to start so my computer displays the option of windows Error Recovery. I have to choose between:
1- insert the windows installation disc and restart my computer.
2- safe mode.
3- safe mode with networking.
4- safe mode with command prompt.
5- last known Good configuration.
6- start windows Normally.
I tried all of these options and none of them worked and used even F8 option and nothing. and these windows Error Recovery keeps going on and on with no result.? so what is the solution? Thank you. Hi i hav an Acer Aspire 5920 notebook it comes up with windows error recovery and only gives me 2 options
1. Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
2. start windows normally
i hav tried both but still dont go any further than the loading page of microsoft corp..
any ideas on what i might be able to do??
if i was to use the recovery cd will it clear my C drive??
You seem to know a bit about computer so I will give you a good detailed solution which might be of help. READ CAREFULLY
I guess that the main issue here is that your hard drive might be corrupted. I am also afraid that you might have erased or repartitioned your computer on a previous occasion if the recovery is not working. Please not that the Acer 5920 you mentioned has an automated system recovery system saved on to your hard drive. Did you by any chance Reformat the whole thing when you got the laptop? Because if thats the case and you removed the EISA partitions there is NO WAY you are going to get the recovery to work.
SOLUTION 1: USING RECOVERY CD's or DVD's
If you backed your system up when you first bought it and you created the CD's DVD's boot from them and recover the system that way. I am afraid that these will erase your C drive and will restore it to the original state when it was at time of backup. BEFORE all this you need to recover any data? In that case do the following:
1. remove the hard drive if you have important data.
2. Put it in a hard drive enclosure (which plugs in USB) and hook it up to another computer XP or VISTA doesn't matter both should work fine.
3. Then backup the folders you would like to make a copy of onto the hard drive of the other computer.
4. Then connect it back to the laptop (obviously make sure that when you remove and plug in this hard drive the laptop is off). And perform the recovery.
SOLUTION 2: If still all the above doesn't work.
If you do not need to backup anything there is no need to do the first 3 steps but you will need another computer
1. Do steps 1 to 3 above to make sure that you backup everything at least
2. Go to my computer on this to which you connected the drive computer Format the hard drive of the laptop (Making sure that before this step you backed up all the important data because you will lose it!)
3. Perform full format (this will take a while) and format it as NTFS, while formatting see if you can hear any funny noises. It could be a good sign that the hard drive is out. During format you should almost hear nothing. if you hear a repeated CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK type of noise. Get another hard drive and repeat the above 3 wsteps
4. Get hold of an XP or VISTA installation disk according to what you had on laptop
5. Go to acer website and download all the drivers for the laptop you have and burn them on CD. If you already have a driver disc of the laptop you can skip this step but make sure that you have everything you need on it
6. put hard drive back in Acer 5920
7. Boot from the installation disk XP or VISTA. HINT KEEP the SAME OS if you had XP install XP ... if you had VISTA install VISTA
8. When it asks for serial number look underneath the laptop and key in the serial number from the fancy label you have underneat. It should be a 20 numbers and letters separated by (e.g. xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx)
9. Follow instructions and perform a full install
10. Now install all the drivers you have on that disk. These are like small programs. Install one after the other until you install them all. Reboot when asked to reboot... Do not choose reboot later!
11. Phew by now you should have a laptop working again. Isntall office antivirus and antispyware software and GET BACK the data from the other machine.....
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Jun 11, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Mar 10, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5100-5022 Notebook
Dec 25, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Feb 17, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5920-6727 Notebook
Feb 24, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Aug 16, 2007 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
196 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: