Question about Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
There are 2 letters "r" and no letter "s". also it is missing the letter "u" and the letter "x" and they are replaced by an "e" and a "p".
1. Try a hard reset (instructions are in your manual)
2. Try downloading and installing any unit software updates (free) from the Garmin site.
Please let us know if this solves this problem.
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
SOURCE: garmin nuvi 200w my alphabet is
I just this moment resolved this problem with Garmin's Tech Support. Here's what to do:
1. Turn off your NUVI.
2. Find a standard USB cable with a mini connector on one end.
3. Connect the NUVI to a booted computer (I did this with a Windows computer) and let the computer recognize the GPS as a MASS STORAGE DEVICE.
4. AFTER the Nuvi has been recognized as a hard drive, correctly disconnect the GPS from the computer.
5. The Nuvi will turn on in locked mode. Follow the on screen instructions to unlock it.
Your problem should be resolved. The technician I spoke to said that this procedure fixes the problem 99% of the time.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
SOURCE: missing letters from my alphabet
You will most likely need a firmware upgrade from this website to fix the problem: http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp
It will walk you through the steps and your letters should be back to normal after the update.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Feb 07, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Aug 01, 2008 | Garmin GPS
May 18, 2008 | GPS
Feb 03, 2008 | Garmin Quest GPS Receiver
341 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: