Question about GE Profile Spectra JGBP79 Gas Kitchen Range
The range started beeping and displaying "F1" error code at 5 am in the morning. press any panel button and it stops beeping and clears for 15 seconds and then starts it all over again. Unpluging the range and then pluging it back in does not help, same error.
Failed Thermistor Control
Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC)
Good Luck and Please Rate Fixya!
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2014 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
Sep 22, 2017 | Jenn-Air JES8850AAS Electric Kitchen Range
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 09, 2010 | Maytag MER5530 Electric Kitchen Range
Sep 16, 2010 | GE JGBP80 Gas Kitchen Range
May 14, 2009 | Dacor Preference RSD30 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 16, 2008 | Ovens
Dec 13, 2008 | GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 01, 2007 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
Sep 28, 2013 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP79 Gas Kitchen...
661 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: