In general, you can follow the basic steps below.
I would recomend using WPA2 or WPA secutity over WEP. (as this is a stronger type of wireless security)
- Open a web browser on the computer.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
(default router ip address, you may have changed this)
- Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit. (if you have already set up a password to login to the router then enter it here)
- Click on Security in the left-hand column under the Wireless heading.
- Use the drop-down menu and select "WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)".
- Select either WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA-PSK2 as your Authentication; doing this will set the Encryption Technique automatically.
- Enter a word or group of characters in the password (PSK) box. The Pre-Shared Key must be 8 to 63 characters in length. Note: The PSK (Pre-Shared Key) is case-sensitive ("A" is different than "a").
*NOTE* Unchecking the Obscure PSK box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed.
= Click the "Apply Changes" button to save the settings.
Any/all wireless computers that connect to this network will be required to have this Pre-Shared Key (password).
If you need assistance with how to re-configure your computers, then please provide the version of windows that you are using.
Basic steps are:
-Disable the current Wireless Connection
-Enable the Wireless Connection
-Search for available wireless networks (look for your SSID wireless network name)
-you will be prompted to enter in your PSK and then save your settings