Question about Dehumidifiers
I have a airforce dehumidifier and for some reaason it has stopped working, i got it for xmas and it was fine then suddenly it stopped working.It no longer switchs on, i have replaced the fuse just incase it blew that but still does not switch on.Any help would be much appreciated
Here is a tip that I wrote about that problem...
Posted on May 03, 2010
It may simply be a case of one of the following:
1. The humidity extraction level is set to high. If your unit has an LED readout, lower it to 32 to 35%.
2. Remove and check the air intake filter. It may be dirty or clogged. Clean the filter if necessary.
3. Obstructed air space. You must maintain a minimum of 12" of free air space around the entire unit, while in operation.
4. The ambient air temperature is to cold for the unit to function properly. This usually occurs in basement applications. Where the ambient air temp at floor level is colder the air temp at chest level. Dehumidifiers (Unless, it's a Low Temp Model) strain at temps between 40 & 60 degrees F. Place the unit up off the floor or a sturdy table, counter top, etc. that will handle the weight of the unit, plus a full bucket of water.
The above were simple solutions to simple problems. The more critical ones would involve reiar or replacement.
1. Low refrigerant gas. Compressor would need to recharged.
2. Humidi-stat Sensor has failed and needs to be replaced.
The recharging of the compressor cost wise, is not a big deal. Finding some who has the equipment to do it properly, may be a problem.
Replacing the sensor (if you can find one for a 7 year old dehumidifier) is more of a challenge cost wise and labor wise. In the end, it may be better to purchase a new energy efficient model that has a warranty and the option of purchasing an extended warrant. Which can be money well spent.
Hope this helped you to troubleshot and solve the problem. Please be kind enough to let me know. Thanks.
Posted on Jun 10, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2016 | Dehumidifiers
May 23, 2015 | Dehumidifiers
Jul 27, 2014 | Fedders A7DH45B2A Dehumidifier
Jan 25, 2014 | Dehumidifiers
Dec 29, 2012 | Dehumidifiers
Here is a tip that I wrote to help people to figure out what is going wrong with their dehumidifier
Dehumidifier is running but no water is in bucket
Feb 20, 2011 | Dehumidifiers
Dec 27, 2010 | Dehumidifiers
Aug 10, 2010 | Whirlpool Dehumidifiers
Apr 30, 2010 | Goldstar DH304 Dehumidifier
Oct 24, 2009 | Dehumidifiers
958 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!