Question about Home

4 Answers

Square toilet seat made by American Standard Model TL 235.

I need to replace a square toilet seat made by American Standard Model TL 235. Perhaps you can refer me to someone who might have this item or a substitute item. Thank you in advance.

Posted by on

  • 5 more comments 
  • Carolyn Lasky Mar 02, 2009

    I have the same problem - an American Standard square toilet (and matching pedestal sink) purchased in 1980 and desperately in need of a new seat! Have you found a source? I see some square seats available in the UK, but even if I were certain any would fit, it would be cheaper to replace the toilet AND the sink!

  • sumo girl Mar 13, 2009

    Same problem.The square toilet in my half bath is quite a conversation piece. It was here when I bought the house.Seat is broken and I can't find a replacement.

  • gm129 Apr 16, 2009

    I can't find the source for an American Standard toilet seat -- Square at both ends, white.  If I can't find the cover, the whole toilet will have to go in an upcoming renovation.  That would be a shame.  Guests at my home love it - it came with the house when I purchased it 20 years ago.

  • chinadream May 03, 2009

    Same problem. Broken seat on a square toilet. American Standard. The house was built in '78 or '79!

  • janchilto May 19, 2009

    I have the same problem and wondered if you had any luck. The date on tank is only Aug.3 so year wasn't included.


  • Ellen Fraser
    Ellen Fraser Feb 09, 2014

    I have one to sell. We just replaced it and I'm selling both the toilet and the seat/lid. Am posting it on ebay today.

  • Ellen Fraser
    Ellen Fraser Feb 09, 2014

    I have one of these (toilet + seat/lid) and I'm listing it on ebay today.



4 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

This guy Allen in NY has lots of odd seats. Try him 914-963-6895

Posted on Nov 09, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Even better than the date, check the model number on the inside of the tank - should be four digits. Then call AS or a plumbing supply house.

Posted on Apr 26, 2013

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

TL-235 Tilche toilet seats are available. Call Allen 914-963-5110

Posted on May 08, 2010

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

  • Expert
  • 86 Answers

I have not seen a square toilet seat. You need to check the date stamped inside the tank and check with american standard about the seat.

Posted on Jan 06, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Are the hinges standard? Where could I buy the hinges? AS 2038 toilet seat repair?

perhaps at a good home improvement store or plumbing supply store .

Feb 19, 2015 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

American standard tl-235 toilet seat

Just put the new seat on Are you having trouble getting the old one off?

Nov 27, 2013 | American Standard 4110 White Toilet Tank...

1 Answer

Where can I buy the toilet seat hinges for an american standard plaza elisse

Go to American Standard website for customer assistance phone number.

Sep 26, 2013 | American Standard Church Seats EL270...

1 Answer

I need a new toilet seat for EL 270 American Standard Ellisse elongated toilet in shell color

Depending on whether "shell" is a descriptive term, or the actual color, these guys have some Elisse seats:

Jul 20, 2011 | American Standard Church Seats EL270...

1 Answer

Need to replace toilet seat and cover for a Williamsburg, white toilet. The part number I have is 5395.700.....but I have learned this number no longer exists. What number toilet seat/cover fits a...

Your toilet is still offered by the manufacturer:

Available replacement toilet seats from American Standard can be seen and ordered here:

You might consider finding you nearest dealer or choose another on-line retailer:

Before ordering suggest you confirm with American Standard Customer Service the appropriate replacement seat for your model.

Mar 15, 2011 | American Standard Williamsburg Toilet Seat...

1 Answer

I have a square shaped toilet and need to replace the seat. Where would I find one?

Check with your local plumbing supply houses. I believe Kohler and Eljer noth made square front bowls at one time. I hope this helps.

May 19, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

How to remove the corroded valve seat housing in my tub faucet

Some seats ae rremovable and some or not Some take a hex(allen) wrench and some take a square (seat removal tool)  Most of us use a seat grinder. (another tool to dress up the seat (Remove material) past the seat damage. You will find any of these tools at any hardware store that sells plumbing parts. If the seats have a square or hex hole remove and replace rather that grind(dress)the seat. All right hand threads meaning turn counter clock wise to remove. Take old seat to the American Standard plmbing supply outlet and then will match it up. Good fix-in to ya.

Feb 08, 2009 | American Standard Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

2,926 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

14479 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

44073 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17164 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides