I have a gateway nx200s the power light come on then goes off in a few seconds the power cord is connected and it is producing 19vdv i can hear the hard drive starting then the unit goes dead can you give me any help thanks RK
Dude there is a liquid between the processor and the fan that sits on it....in all probabilities it has dried up...get the liquid from a computer shop....it is called heat sink liquid...apply a thin paste between the processor and the fan...
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First thing check that the battery charge light is on when the battery and the charger are connected.
If it is it indicates that the power supply is charging the battery,
If it isnt it may indicate a fault with the battery or that the charger is not compatable with the laptop or that there is a fault with the charger.
If the battery is charging then try running the laptop on battery only without the charger and on charger only without the battery.
This will eliminate which one is faulty.
You mentioned that if you wiggle the cord then the light comes on again.
Check to see if the charger end plug is lose or the actual port on the laptop is lose.
If the charger plug is lose then return to seller and make sure they gave you the correct charger. if the actual port on laptop is lose then perhaps u got a bad connection and you need electrician or local laptop technician to open it up and solder properly on motherboard.
Your power cord is cutting in and out. You either have a bad power cord or there is something wrong with the connection to the cigarette lighter. When the unit say "Running on battery - will turn off in 30 seconds" this mean that it has lost external power. This is by design so that when you shut off the engine external power is cut to the unit and that it will shut down.
It a shame that for the C330 Garmin decided to remove the LED light from the power cord that shows the power cord is connected correctly to the cigarette lighter.