I opened up my AOL email account and tried to compose a new email so I could send an attachment (picture from my phone), but the paperclip (attachment) isn't lit up for me to click on. Does the iphone not let you send attachments or am I missing something in the settings menu?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, the photo must be saved as a file you can open on your computer.
Next, open your Yahoo mail account and click Compose. When the new email screen opens, type in the recipients and a subject just like any other new email you want to send. At the bottom of the screen [next to the Send button] click on the paperclip icon. Then browse to the file you want to attach & click open.
Have you tried the AOL mail app, it may allow attachments, but I can't try it as I don't have an aol account? If not then..
Have you set up your AOL account on your ipad email under settings, mail contacts calenders, icloud, should be your aol account (ask if you don't know how).
choose photo so its on screen
select little box with upward arrow coming out at bottom left
photo will have tick on it , slide along to tick any others you might want to send
select "next" on top right
You have to program your email address into your phone is what it's saying.
So ya need to go to Settings, go down to Mail Contacts Calendars, tap Add Account.
Then whatever you email address is. Yahoo, Gmail, AOL. Tap the one you have, Enter your name, your email address, your password, Tap Next on the top right.
It'll "verify" your account, by signing into it. Once it's signed in and the email address is attached to your phone. You can then hit the home button (bottom middle), Go to your pictures, Find the picture you want to email.
tape the box icon with the arrow on the very bottom left of the pic. Select Email Photo, It will "attach" it to a new email. Then type in the persons email address, and your message, Then hit Send on the top right.
Then there ya go. Picture, emailed and sent :)
I hope that helps. If you need any more clarification for this. Let me know.
Composing Picture Messages
1. On the All messages screen, tap Compose message. The Compose screen opens.
2. Enter the wireless phone number or email address of your message recipient in the To: box. As you enter the phone number or email address, matching contacts will appear on the screen. Tap a recipient or continue entering the recipient's phone number or email address.
Tap the "Tap to compose" text box and then start composing your message.
4. Press Menu and tap Attach.
5. On the Attach window, select Picture.This opens Album to let you attach a picture to your message.
6. When you are finished composing the picture message, tap Send.
To open and view a picture message:
1. On the All messages screen, tap a picture message to open it.
2. Tap the Play button at the right side of a picture message to view it
To reply to a picture message:
1. On the All messages screen, tap a picture message to open it.
2. Tap the text box at the bottom of the screen, compose your picture message (see "Composing Picture Messages"), and tap Send.
IF YOU HAVE 2 EMAIL ACCOUNTS AND OR IF YOU HAVE THEM LINKED TO YOU IPHONE. YOU CAN GET YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR ONE EMAIL ACCOUNT. EXAMPLE, I WENT TO THE 1ST ACCOUNT SENT A EMAIL WITH A PICTURE ATTACHED TO IT. THEN I USE THE IPHONE TO OPEN MY 2ND ACCOUNT TO GET THE EMAILED PICTURE. PLUS IF YOU WANT TO GET THE PICTURES FROM YOUR IPHONE TO YOUR PC OR MAC THE APP STORE HAS A FREE APP CALLED (WiFi photo) THAT WILL LET YOU TRANSFER PICTURES. GOOD LUCK, AND ENJOY DAVE
first you need an email address, yahoo would be an option if you dont have one. so open the website yahoo.com and then singup for the new account create a username and password and then log in to your account. and then. click on MAIL, then enter your user name and password and clik next and then it will take you to your inbox where you see all your emails. so then click on COMPOSE. then type the email address you want to send the emails to. then to attach the photos, click on ATTACH. then click on BROWSE, then select the pictures which you want to attach. select them and then click on attach. you would see the attach pictures like attachment 1 or 2 or 3...4 and then click SEND.
When you have a new email open/composed (by pressing the Compose button), there should be a button that says Attach Files, with a paperclip image next to it. Press that button, and a page will come up saying "Attach Files" and there will be five gray boxes with Browse buttons. Go to the box next to File 1 and find the Browse... button. Click it, and find the image in which you wish to attach/send. Once you have attached all of the pictures you choose to, click the Attach Files gray button at the bottom, and the pictures will be attached to the email. Then, once you are done with the email, send it and the attached pictures will go with it.
Using MAPI ( Messaging Application Program Interface) with Microsoft Outlook Express 5/6:
1. Start Microsoft Outlook
2. Go to Tools> Options.
3. Click Make Default under Default Messaging Programs- This application is NOT the default Mail handler.
4. Restart your computer.
Using MAPI with Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Outlook automatically sets up your MAPI E-mail program during installation. Make sure you M-O Email app. is properly set up with the right POP account name, password, SMTP mail host account, and other requirements. For further assistance, contact your Internet Service Provider *ISP* or systems administrator.
Usin Web-based E-mail Programs to Send Files *aol, yahoo etc...*:
Web based Email programs don't support MAPI functions. If you click on the Send button, it will not work. To send email files, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your web based email service.
2.Compose a new email message.
3. Depending on your web based email service, look for the Attach, Attachments, or Insert option to attach your file. You will be prompted to browse for the desired file you want to attach. Change the directory to where you saved your file and attach the files.