Re: webcam installation acer extensa installer for image
If there are not Vista specific drivers from manufacturer, do not expect it to function. Older systems are not being supported in many cases. Go to manuf web site and look for latest drivers for Vista. MS may generically support but don't count on it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The webcam is turned by going to all programs and is under Acer Crystal Eye, it can also be used if you have Skype installed you can goto tools and under video on the left click once then you will see the option to select webcam.
Click "Start." Click "All Programs." Open the "Crystal Eye Webcam" folder. Click "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam" to launch the webcam and turn on the camera. If "Acer Crystal Eye" isn't available on the Start Menu, go to "Acer," then click "Acer OrbiCam."
Click the drop-down menu on the toolbar to change the resolution. Click the gear icon to change the settings.
Click the camera icon to capture a photo. To turn off the Acer webcam, click the "X" button on the top of the window.
if you have driver no problem IF not go webside HP download web cam driver >model no
1. Downloaded the file.
2. Unzipped it to a folder on my desktop.
3. Ran the "Setup.exe" file in the folder that got unzipped.
4. Went through the installer until it got to the end and then let it restart my computer.
5. Waited for my computer to restart.
6. It popped up something saying it was installing the drivers for my webcam. Waited until it was done.
7. Opened the Control Panel.
8. Opened the Device Manager.
9. Find my webcam under "Imaging Devices". I noticed it was listed as "HP Pavilion Webcam" despite having just installed the Acer drivers.
10. Right-clicked on my webcam and chose "Update Driver Software..."
11. Chose "Browse my computer for driver software"
12. Chose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
13. Unchecked the "Show compatible hardware" checkbox.
14. Scrolled down to the Chicony manufacturer.
15. Chose the "Acer Crystal Eye webcam.
16. Told it to install anyway when it asked me a question about installing that driver.
17. Waited for the driver to be installed.
18. Noted that my webcam was now listed as an Acer Crystal Eye webcam in Device Manager.
And that was it. It appears to work totally fine now! Again, I have my
fingers crossed that it won't suddenly break again, but so far so good.
Forgot to note: This is on a DV6000T running Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium.
Download the drivers from the Acer WEB site. Make sure you
select the model of your laptop and the XP or Vista version of the drivers you
that require and it matches the Windows version that is installed on your
laptop. Use this link to get to the Acer support: - http://www.acersupport.com/drivers_download.aspx