Question about D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router 4-Port Switch, 802.11g, QoS (DSL-2640B)
Power light is showing red (usually green I think) LAN light works but it will not connect to the internet. I have tried resetting it, changing position of lan cable and turning powere on and off. Any ideas?? many thanks
I think that u need to go on, open your internet explorer, and enter your ip address in the address bar. Enter your password. Check your settings. Sometimes, internet stops, because firmware needs to be updated, sometimes its your computers driver (this is not likely); but most likely, your best option is to update the firmware for it. Consult your manual or internet on how to do it.
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2011 | D-Link DSL-2640B Wireless 11/54Mbps ADSL2+...
Jul 18, 2011 | Buffalo Technology AirStation Nfiniti...
1. Shut down any programs that are running on your computer at
2. Make sure you have the following items at the computer that is now
directly connected to the cable or DSL modem. DO NOT CONNECT THE
ROUTER AT THIS TIME.
• The Easy Install Wizard CD-ROM
• The Router
• The Router power supply
• Category 5 networking cable
• This Quick Installation Guide
3. Turn off any firewall or Internet connection sharing software on
4. Insert the Easy Install Wizard software CD into your CD-ROM drive.
The Easy Install Wizard screen will automatically appear on your
screen within 15 seconds. If it does not, select your CD-ROM drive
from "My Computer" and double-click on the file named "Setup" on
5. Turn on your cable or DSL modem by reconnecting the power supply to The Wizard will take you through the completion of the process.
6. Before plugging the power cord into the Router, plug the cord into the
wall, then plug the cord into the Router's power jack.
7. Verify that your modem is connected to the Router by checking the
lights on the front of the Router. The green light labeled "WAN" should
be ON if your modem is connected correctly to the Router. If it is not,
recheck your connections.
8. Verify that your computer is connected properly to the Router by
checking the lights labeled "LAN 1,2,3,4". The light which corresponds
to the numbered port that you connected your computer to should
to the numbered port that you connected your computer to should be
ON if your computer is connected properly.
The Wizard will take you through the completion of the process.
Mar 12, 2011 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
Feb 15, 2011 | D-Link DSL-2640B Wireless 11/54Mbps ADSL2+...
May 03, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Apr 22, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Apr 21, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Oct 06, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Aug 18, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: