Question about RCA Universal Remote Control
Sorry to sound so dumb but my husband died 6 weeks ago and he took care of such things as this. My remote control no longer changes channels but just blinks red. I have no booklet or code number nor do I know how to use them. Anyone have the time to help?
I found this at:
It is stated that it was obtained from the RCA Website - but I could not find anything other than a picture of the remote there.
1) Turn on the component (the tv, dvd, etc).
2) Hold the TV (or DVD) button and the on/off button at the same time. It will stay lit.
3) Press the play button every five seconds until the component turns off. Each time the Play button is pressed, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks ten times and a block of 10 codes is sent to your component. This process continues until all the codes in the Code Lists have been searched. If the component has not turned off after all codes have been searched, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks four times, turns off, and the Auto Code Search Entry method is exited.
4) When the component turns off, press and release the REVERSE button, then wait two seconds to see if the component turns on again.
5) If the component does not respond, continue to press the REVERSE button EVERY TWO SECONDS UNTIL THE COMPONENT TURNS ON again. This will isolate the correct code in the last block of codes sent. Each time the REVERSE button is pressed, the illuminated ON-OFF button blinks. If the REVERSE button is accidentally pressed after the component responds, press and release the FORWARD button. Wait two seconds to see if the component turns off again.
6) To save the new code, press and release the STOP button.
7) The illuminated ON-OFF button turns off. You must press the STOP button to save the code.
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!