- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow these steps to run a report on your Lexmark X6170. From the printer operator panel, press Fax to enter Fax mode > press Options repeatedly until Print Reports is highlighted. From there you can print an activity report, send log, receive log and fax settings list. I hope this helps.
Send a fax
- Use the control panel and scanner glass
1. Make sure your All-In-One is on.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Put the first page of your document face down on the scanner glass in the upper left corner.
4. Close the top cover
5. On the control panel, press Fax.
6. Enter the fax number, then press black or color to send.
Use the control panel and ADF
1. Load up to 50 sheets of your original document face up in the ADF.
2. On the control panel, press Fax.
3. Enter the fax number, press black or color to send.
If you are able to receive fax and it is printed out fine, there is nothing wrong with your printer. If the other person is receiving blank fax, you may be placing the documents to fax in opposite way, If you are placing the paper upside ( with text ), try to face it down and fax. It should work.
* Please rate this solution with Thumbs up and Testimony to help us improve providing support
unplug, wait a minute, plug back in, should reset.
go to applications folder on your system, dbl click icon for Lexmark icon to open settings.in page to send fax, go through all tabs to insure you can send out. might have a tab that you haven't selected?
for these companies, try disconnecting the phone tremporarily to see if thsi is interferring just with these particular faxes. Sometimes if a company's fax is set to phone/fax, it may be trying to call you first beacuse ths would be the default settings. If it detects no phone it may by default accept your fax no problems. Hope this helps.
Your printer should have software to install for the fax. Then go to control panel and click the fax machine, check your connectivity settings and make sure the phones numbers are correct for out-going and the in-coming settings.
If you do not see the fax in printers then the fax part of the printer has not been installed, then install hardware, then software and use the install wizard if you have one. This helps too.
Received fax is unreadable or blurry Please go through the checklist below to see if the suggested action(s) can resolve the issue.
* Make sure the copy function is working well. * Print a Clean nozzle page from the Maintenance menu. If the printout has unexpected white or color horizontal streaks or missing portions, print the Clean nozzle page again. If you are still experiencing streaks or mission portions, you may need to replace your cartridge(s). * The cartridges may need to be aligned. * You may need to ask the sender to increase their fax quality.
Sent fax is unreadable or blurry.
1. If the receiving party indicates that the fax output is unreadable or blurry, you may want to try increasing the fax quality. 2. Check the scanner glass for excess amounts of smudges and/or fingerprints. If the scanner glass needs cleaning, moisten a clean, lint-free cloth and gently wipe the scanner glass. Make sure the scanner glass is dry before scanning the next document.