With Acer aspire one (linux linpus lite) So, i have this issue that everytime i try to log in to my msn messenger come this ``Your MSN Messenger account email@example.com is error Our protocol is not supported by the server.`` i dont know how to solve this problem, can somebody help me please?:)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The network center disappearing is an issue with the linux update server that seems to corrupt the OS.
The solution unfortunately is to reload the OS from the recovery disk.
The aspire ONE does not come with an ODD so you will need to use the disk on a unit that has an ODD to make the recovery USB flash drive.
You will need a USB flash drive that has at least 2GB of storage, a computer with an ODD, and the linpus recovery disk that came ywith your unit.
1. Boot to the linpus disk, one of the options should be to make a recovery USB drive, make sure that no important data is on this USB drive as it WILL be formatted and erased.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and then insert the recovery flash drive in to the USB slot of the Aspire ONE.
3. Re-start the Aspire ONE and press F2 to go in to setup.
4. Change the boot order to boot from "USB HDD" and press F10 to save and exit.
5. Unit will reboot and recovery will start.
Please try to uninstall yahoo messenger and then try to reinstall to check if the issue persists. Let yahoo choose your internet configuration itself, even if it does nt work then try go to connection prefernces in messenger.
I use linux on my Aspire one but not Linpus Lite There is a known problem with the acer one switch. so you may want to try blacklisting the acer_wmi module and you mey have to change your wireless driver. try running NetworkManager in shell and see if it will give you any errors. My wifes Netbook has a similar problem She has the same linux i do. As far as getting NetworkManager to start automatically i'm not sure you may have to add it to startup applications but again i'm not sure about linpus and how it looks.
Are you downloading software for linux. I know that there is a limewire for linux and an msn for linux. When you save your files also, you need to choose whrere you want them to go. It's a little confusing at first because linux's filesystem is a little different than windows. If you want to save files then you need to find /home/"your linux username"/desktop. "Your linux username" is the username you use to sign in with when you first log into linux.