Question about Motorola Mobility MOTOROKR S9 Wireless Headset for Bluetooth-Enabled Cell Phones - Black/Red
I charged my headset overnight. The green light was on and when I unplugged from the charger, it stays lit. I have held down the power button for at least 30 seconds and it never goes out and the headset never turns on.
I have had no trouble with mine (3+ months of good use) until today. Same problem you had - green light won't go out, unit won't turn on. Jonsumer's solution got me to thinking, and this worked for me:
1. plug the charger into the wall.
2. plug the headset into the charger.
3. unplug the headset from the wall.
Plugging & unplugging the headset to charger multiple times had NO effect. It was only when I plugged it into the charger and unplugged the charger from the wall that the green light turned off and the headset began to work normally.
Posted on Jul 06, 2010
I had the same problem with this headset i bought from BestBuy in FL last month. Since i live in Brazil, i would not have the chance to return the headset to the store during the guarantee, so i tried to get the problem solved my way:
1) I disassembled the headset with the help of a little screwdriver, taking off all the plastic parts carefully;
2) After i got all the internal parts exposed, i carefully sweeped the metal extremity of the screwdriver over each little metal pair of the electronic circuit, until a short circuit is created, reseting the headset.
3) The green light goes off and a blue light starts blinking. That means the headset is now ok and ready to be hooked up to a bluetooth device.
4) You´ll need the screwdriver to assemble the set again and yes, you´ll need a superbonder to glue the plastic parts back.
Posted on Sep 03, 2009
I managed to get the headset out of this state. I put it in the freezer to slow down the battery. This takes quite a while. I did this three times and plugged and unplugged the power supply several times. Eventually, it reset and has worked fine ever since.
Posted on Jul 10, 2009
You can try installing a fresh battery. I have been in contact with the overseas supplier of these batteries and am offering them for $20 via PayPal once my shipment comes in. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on Dec 06, 2011
The headset is defective take it back to the store you bought it from explain whats going on and they will replace it
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2014 | Nokia BH505 Bluetooth Stereo Headset
Aug 29, 2011 | VXI Corporation Blueparrott B250-XT...
Jun 06, 2010 | Energizer Rechargable Battery with Charger
Jan 10, 2010 | Motorola Mobility H710 Bluetooth Headset
Sep 16, 2009 | Motorola Mobility S9 Headphones
Jun 24, 2009 | Motorola Mobility S9 Headphones
Jun 18, 2009 | Ryobi Multi-Volt Battery Charger
Jul 10, 2007 | Motorola Mobility H700 Wireless Headset
Aug 07, 2017 | Motorola Mobility MOTOROKR S9 Wireless...
Jun 04, 2017 | Motorola Mobility MOTOROKR S9 Wireless...
1,317 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!